General News Events - Coverage Discussion

I’m assuming nothing has been put out in regards to coverage of the upcoming Qld election?

if i had to guess i’d go the following:

ABC: full coverage, through and no gimmicks

7: Coverage from a studio somewhere with some gimmick such as the “shredder” or “the boot” from years gone

9: possibly a panel style coverage, with 3 “lefties” and 3 “conservatives”

10: nothing, not even new breaks though the night

5 Likes

Media pack in Perth this morning

Clermopnt Verdict coverage. Confirmed that there will be no coverage inside the court. Journalists inside will relay the verdict to outside.

Nine announce 2 guilty verdicts

Seven

2 Likes

10 announce 2 guilty verdicts.

Later one not guilty.

2 Likes

With it being 11.30ish Sydney time and Studio 10 still on air, I wonder where Narelda presented from…

It was (obviously) not the main studio where her desk was bare.

She also presented the news on Studio 10

1 Like

Later caps

The media pack in action - multiple cameras from each network

Chasing down the best shot

4 Likes

10’s coverage with Narelda clearly coming from the usual Sydney green screen.

Interesting that 7 and 10 both had two different microphones in shot during that interview.

2 Likes

10 then Nine finished coverage. Seven continuing

2 Likes

11:30 am

4 Likes

Narelda used for breaking news on 10

Looks like TVW had some major issues towards the end of their coverage. They crashed out and tried the ad break trick a couple of times but couldn’t get back and then went on with the next show.

1 Like

Red = 7
Green = 9
Blue = 10

3 Likes

Why not use one of The Project plasmas?

The West Australian is producing a free afternoon edition of the paper today, which looks like it’ll be available at the entrances to Elizabeth Quay Station and Perth Station.

I’d say it’s easier for them to do it from the green screen, rather than firing up the lights and maybe crew required to come from the other studio. Maybe it highlights that if Sydney is going to become a production hub for multiple bulletins, then maybe a small set (regional style) is required as a back-up.

2 Likes

5 Likes

At 4pm

5 Likes