General News Events - Coverage Discussion

You can view that here

I’m stunned and saddened by the news. As an avid NBA watcher since the MJ days, this is devastating growing up watching Kobe win 5 rings

I watched the breaking news of the sudden death of Kobe Bryant in the gym. Sunrise had a live press conference on the death of Kobe, while STudio 10 had a discussion about the passing of Kobe.

2 Likes

ABC America interrupting the Pro Bowl

6 Likes

No offence but if he’s sick, he probably won’t be allowed past airport security. And nor should he be.

Hope he gets well.

4 Likes

It was mentioned in the Seven News report tonight too.

HE has worn his mask over his mouth. Mum told me to stay away from him. Obviously he cannot go to work.

2 Likes

Not really. It’s relevant to him as a person. News is not about censorship.

I’ve seen that happen before- promos for Fox shows, or some of the cable channels, appearing on a competing network. It doesn’t happen often but it appears Fox is happy to pay a premium rate to get their shows exposed to the larger audiences that watch the big three.

4 Likes

Considering ABC were in the middle of a NFL broadcast, the NFL Honors on FOX promo might have been an NFL mandated cross-promotion.

This is evident during the playoffs when the various networks will note which network is showing what game. For example, CBS, FOX & NBC all promoted ESPN & ABC’s broadcast of the Pro Bowl over the past few weeks during their games

4 Likes

More hopeful news this AM.

Hopefully they can now see if a vaccine reacts to it… still a long road ahead. Article explains not as much as an epidemic as was SARS this is at a 3% level… and for the Australian public not to worry about facial masks.

4 Likes

ESPN Australia/NZ on breaking news at half time of the Pro Bowl

4 Likes

Chinatown death as people ‘feared virus’:

2 Likes

More excellence from News Corporation.

2 Likes

I find this rather offensive and racist. Just because it originated from China doesn’t mean it is a virus belonging to a certain group of people.

5 Likes

Herald Sun at it’s dog whistling best.

1 Like

As a Chinese I feel that what they said is very inconsiderate and racist. So are Chinese people deadly now because of this virus? They’re virtually trying to demonizing us and trying to inflict unnecessary fear onto Australians.

Herald Sun (and pretty much every News Corp publication) should learn to word their news stories better.

5 Likes

Dog whistling isn’t complimentary, but News Corp are very good at it.

2 Likes

Without a doubt News Corp seems to love shit stirring and as you say, dog whistling. With News Corp I think that’s the norm rather than exception these days. Very ignorant of them but oh well.

Heck even the Chinese media isn’t reporting this in a way that these News Corp papers are.

2 Likes

i agree thats very rascists and is institing rascims towards the chinese

1 Like