General News Events - Coverage Discussion

He’s inferring that she was running the country, not Abbott.

10 Likes

Some coverage of the QLD Budget. In all bulletins except Nine in Brisbane, Gold Coast and regions this was the number one story. Nine at 6pm had the budget as the 4th story and was the only major bulletin not to interview the treasurer.

6pm Brisbane, Some very nice graphics from Seven:

Nine 6pm

ABC 7pm

Gold Coast - Nine had a very short report with little detail

Regional QLD

4 Likes

Today was the Brisbane City Council budget. Again it was the number one story on all major bulletins except Nine where it was fourth.

2 Likes

Big coverage tonight on the news channels about the Biden Putin summit. CNN has so many people on the ground. You can also get a Russian perspective through RT on Foxtel which is someone different.

1 Like

Odd headline, presumably due to fear of further defamation suits; I can imagine anyone else would’ve got something like ‘Alleged war criminal forced to admit misleading court’.

Instead focusing on what could very well be damning (possibly lying to court/testifying falsely), having to walk-back what he said under oath the previous day, AAP (or ACM) are heavily emphasising Roberts-Smith being a medal winner and calling him a “hero”:

Victoria Cross winner …

On Friday morning, the war hero, under cross-examination, corrected evidence…

The war hero denies…

It’ll be interesting to see how this finishes.
I worry about the surge in defo cases recently, especially from politicians.

2 Likes

Brian Henderson has died.

2 Likes

Missing boy AJ found coverage on Seven Nine and 10.

Nine vision was shown clean on 10. Earlier Nine’s reporter Robert Ovadia had a mic with Nine flag but with flag removed when shared vision on 10.

Seven had their own pictures but no reporter seen, with “Voice of Robert Ovadia Nine News Reporter”

No vision on ABC.

Later - Tom Hartley was seen:

3 Likes

Is there any clips?

Might be worth checking each networks FB or Twitter pages, very accessible there :+1:t3:

1 Like

10 reporter

5 Likes

Seven coverage anchored from the Morning News desk and Ann Sanders.

Nine from the Nine Morning News with Mark Burrows

10 coverage is from the Studio 10 team

Seven network left the coverage at 1:01 - continued on ATN Sydney.

2 Likes

I have visions of Max Markson desperately trying to reach the family…

2 Likes

Is Kochie there to jump in the ambulance?

7 Likes

Seven had a camera pointed at a mobile phone that had some vision from a family member.

This live (and arguably unnecessary) coverage is painful to watch - a classic media circus and hearing Studio10 stall for time is cringeworthy.

Still, I’m sure I’m sure there’s a certain demographic lapping it up, particularly with more people at home during lockdowns.

2 Likes

Tom Hartley later joined Nine’s reporter, also attempting to interview the family.

1 Like

Just now - again with “Voice of” graphic.

Previously

2 Likes

It’s completely overboard now. They found the kid and got footage of him, so that should be the end of it.

Nine News just finished their coverage.

1 Like

Seven Sydney and Nine network finished roughly the same time. 10 continuing - finished at 2pm

1 Like