1 Like

they haven’t

3 Likes

Well, they should hahaha.

Why?

1 Like

This thread gives me an aneurysm

17 Likes

I say we should close it now. It’s obvious it is and will always be just a shopping channel.

Why is that a reason to close it? If you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

8 Likes

Do you watch it?

No

2 Likes

No one watches Studio 10 and it’s one of the most active threads on the board, somehow. Of course we’re not closing this thread.

6 Likes

I still find it hilarious how this thread got hundreds of replies because people thought it would be another multichannel despite the writing on the wall that it would be a home shopping channel again.

6 Likes

Do we actually know the story here in the end? What changed between Spree and Gecko, if it’s just a different operator, why would Ten not have bought it in house like Extra is for Nine or Gold for WIN.

TV4ME was the right format for this sort of channel - have scraps of normal programming that gives viewers a reason to keep the channel tuned in - to think that maybe occasionally something will be on there that isn’t an advetorial, in order to improve how many people will occasionally flip on and watch.

3 Likes

Spree was a collaboration between 10 and Brand Developers. Gecko is all 10. That’s all.

3 Likes

The idea was the hope that they’d be able to create “branded programming” that’d skirt around the narrowcast rules - I’m not sure if that worked out (especially as they were probably wanting full half-hour shows, not the 10-minute segments narrowcasting allowed) - and in the end, some of those types of things have ended up as filler on the actual multi-channels instead.

GOLD in WIN areas actually still do this, of course, but only because they have an infinity ton of Postcards / Destinations / Alive & Cooking to put on shuffle.

3 Likes

Wollongong now receives gecko on Ch57.

Previous:

3 Likes

Same in Regional QLD.

3 Likes

Same in Canberra. I retuned my set top box 5 minutes ago to receive gecko.

2 Likes

Wonder if it was a requirement of the new affiliation agreement :wink:

10 Likes

No doubt about it. 10 BOLD in HD should have been another requirement! Can anyone check?

2 Likes