Gecko

10 Bold is still MPEG 2 SD. I’ve been checking the bit rates today.

3 Likes

Yeah it the bitrates will get even more squashed :disappointed:

1 Like

Just checked in Tassie and it’s in on the 7 Network channels.

6, 60, 61 - 7 Tasmania (and HD)
62 - 7two
63 - 7mate
64 - SBN
67 - gecko
68 - RACING.COM

The 10 stations are still the same as they were (10, 10Peach, 10Bold and 10Shake)

Still no Sky News Regional anywhere in Tas.

3 Likes

Interesting. I wonder if Darwin and Spencer Gulf have also been graced with Gecko today?

5 Likes

Can confirm Gecko has replaced TVSN on Ch 57 in Spencer Gulf SA.

5 Likes

Surprised! It’s obvious that as part of the affiliation agreement between Seven and SCA, Seven has not allowed SCA to carry Sky News on its sub-channels.

4 Likes

I wonder if 7 might have something to say about gecko popping up on their affiliated multiplex?

This thread is wild :fire:
At least I know I can now get my Gecko fix when travelling regionally

11 Likes

so thats why my tv said new channel found eariler today I just assumed it was a radio channel or something

3 Likes

Probably don’t even know.

1 Like

Same here - lucky we have the forum to keep us informed of such important chnages!

6 Likes

Sometimes when i am channel surfing, and i see that The Fine Art Auction is on gecko, i stop, and leave it on as background. Despite having little interest in art. I don’t do that with other shopping channels. I thank this forum for that. lol.

4 Likes

So Tasmania gets SBN, gecko and RDC, but no 7Flix or 7Bravo?
Assuming WIN will not allow gecko and SBN on the TDT mux?
They don’t need Sky News Regional, nor does anyone else, no loss there.

2 Likes

Yep. None of those. I just wondered if it was a way that SCA gets 100% of the income rather than only 50% with gecko and SBN and they literallly have to do kothing but provide a bit of bandwidth.

1 Like

Has 10 Shake launched in the Spencer Gulf/Broken Hill area?

1 Like

No.

2 Likes

The Gecko EPG in Canberra, is not working today and was not working yesterday as well. That is because the EPG is frozen on 1 July’s The Fine Art Auction.

I have it working normally in Sydney via Ten. Probably a Southern Cross issue seeing it started on 1 July in those markets.

Fetch doesn’t show it either, but that is nothing new for Fetch.

The Gecko EPG is back in Canberra since yesterday.

2 Likes