Gecko

I’ll have to agree with you on this one, it would make more business sense to have a shopping channel. In terms of viewer choice, a movies channel would have been better, but this would cannibalise their Paramount+ streaming service.

1 Like

There’s still a place for music TV channels. The UK has 2, and there’s no reason why one couldn’t work here.

Your Money was a good channel, however they struggled to get advertisers at the time. It might be a different story now with more people wanting business news and information. If you look at ABC News ratings share, it does quite well during the day periods, so you could argue that there is demand for news and there’s a gap in the market for business/economics/finance news.

one simple answer. Youtube. there’s a reason MTV pivoted away from wall to wall music to shows. Teens (who would be the primary market for a music video channel) can go on YouTube and pull up any music video they wish at any time. no need to stay up until 10pm for the “hard and heavy show” or wait till Sunday for “the worship experience” (or whatever)

7 Likes

Also probably why the music channels we do have are so heavily automated, with a lack of truly local music shows.

Well here we are! :wink:

3 Likes

Gecko is now available to stream on 10 play, don’t all crash the site at once to check it out.

22 Likes

Finally, I am now able to watch infomercials everywhere I go. :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

And it’s 24/7 I no longer have to stay up until 2 am to watch them.

5 Likes

god. that’s depressing how long did it actually last?? :thinking:

It’s still going.

2 Likes

why did they cut it off FTA?

1 Like

they haven’t

3 Likes

Well, they should hahaha.

Why?

1 Like

This thread gives me an aneurysm

17 Likes

I say we should close it now. It’s obvious it is and will always be just a shopping channel.

Why is that a reason to close it? If you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

8 Likes

Do you watch it?

No

2 Likes

No one watches Studio 10 and it’s one of the most active threads on the board, somehow. Of course we’re not closing this thread.

6 Likes