Games

Microsoft has had a troubled past with studios, until Phil Spencer took the lead.
The only issue I see is if they choose an ill fitted successor when he decides to step down.

Anyone here giving Nerdle a go? Basically a numbers version of Wordle.

nerdlegame 20 2/6

:purple_square::purple_square::black_large_square::purple_square::purple_square::purple_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like

Hmm, gave it a go. Sodoku aside, I prefer word puzzles

nerdlegame 20 5/6

:purple_square::black_large_square::purple_square::purple_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like
2 Likes

There was an interview with Tim and Wren on ABC Newsā€™ 7pm bulletin tonight.

Reuters reported on Tuesday that it was told by sources that EA made a ā€œsignificant offerā€ to FIFA for an eight-year exclusivity period across all of FIFAā€™s gaming and esports rights, but soccerā€™s governing body was unwilling to lock up all of its gaming and efootball rights with just one publisher.

1 Like

Scores of scrabble players are quitting the competitive game after hundreds of ā€œoffensiveā€ words were banned.

More than 400 terms including racial slurs, sexuality and gender insults were taken off the gameā€™s official online words list, GB News reports.

According to Spectator columnist and player Jonathan Maitland, many people are quitting the board game because of the changes.

Iā€™ve been enjoying the rereleased GoldenEye 007 so much. I was a PlayStation boy back in the day so I didnā€™t get much time with the N64 apart from the 007 multiplayer parties I went to. This is the first time Iā€™ve played the single player campaign! Iā€™ve been missing out.

I got it both on my Xbox and Switch, but the latterā€™s version retains the N64 control scheme while the Xbox version changed it to the modern FPS controls. Much better that way, so Iā€™m playing it on the Xbox.

1 Like

I was an N64 boy and loved Goldeneye . I would have bought this but I canā€™t believe they didnā€™t add online multiplayer matchmaking. Apparently thatā€™s not a thing with any of the old Nintendo games that have been released on the Switch?

1 Like

Itā€™s a bit disappointing isnā€™t it? I was looking forward to online multiplayer matchmaking and intrigued about how they would implement it. They didnā€™t even bother to try with the Xbox version.

Yeah thereā€™s no online matchmaking for the old Nintendo games on the Switch.

Nintendo has made it very apparent that they still donā€™t really give a shit about online, they do the very bare minimum.

1 Like

For those still playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the Nintendo Switch - a fourth wave of new tracks, as well as a new character in Birdo, drops this Thursday/Friday!

1 Like

Carlton AFLW star Darcy Vescio and Melbourne premiership player Christian Petracca feature on the cover of AFL 23 video game.

UPDATE 22/4

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Iā€™m currently playing Ion Fury. Gotta say, the best retro shooter Iā€™ve played! Itā€™s made from a modified version of the Build Engine - the one used to make Duke Nukem 3D.

Almost 2 years later and the deal has finally closed.

2 Likes

The next Grand Theft Auto game has been confirmed, most likely known as GTA 6, with a trailer dropping early December.

5 Likes