Games

Good to see my taxes are funding this beat up. 4 cents a day for this tripe.

The last video game I regularly played was Snake on my old Nokia. It must be my age, as I’m just not interested in playing video games.

I hope they do bring up EA and their horrendous practice of loot boxes and too many DLCs.

I consider myself somewhere in the middle ground between casual and hardcore gamers. I’ve found many modern games these days force you either grind your way through the game and make things difficult, or you can just buy DLCs to make it way easier. It does become addictive for some gamers.

Gone are the days where games were a one-time purchase. They’re all live services now.

Agreed, simply embarrassing.

Hopefully it’s just a focus on loot boxes / scammy mobile games.

Nonetheless I expect the long disproven 90’s tropes of blaming violent games on school shootings and violence in children / teens may rear it’s ugly head considering it still gets taught as fact in psychology curricula in most Australian universities.

4 Likes

Tonight’s Federal Budget introduces the new Digital Games Tax Offset, a 30% refundable offset on local games production, with a minimum spending threshold on qualifying expenses of $500,000. It will be available from July 2022.

I swear to god if we get another afl evolution game…

Bring on a good FPS or a sandbox game

1 Like

Woke up this morning / From the strangest dream

1 Like

Personally I think Untitled Goose Game was effective at shifting the shall we say average reputation of Australian game devs / publishing houses.

3 Likes

I agree, such a well crafted game and doesn’t get old to mess up some old man’s garden or just…

Honk

3 Likes

Recently Australia Post released its own limited edition Monopoly game. It’s currently on special at post offices or online for $49.95.

I can imagine quite a lot of jokes/memes being made about this one…

1 Like

Switch OLED announced

3 Likes

This would suggest that there’s no chance of a Switch Pro any time soon.

2 Likes

sweet. i was going to buy one with my tax return so i’ll hold off now

Nintendo Switch OLED Model, coming 8 October

it will be $299 when you trade in your Nintendo switch console or $539 without trade
source:eb games

my evening just got fun

3 Likes

Lucky duck! :joy: I’m still waiting to purchase an Xbox Series X.

1 Like

There are reports that Amazon’s New World online game is frying expensive Nvidia graphics cards.

The 2021 PlayStation Showcase was held on Thursday. It was announced that the release of Grand Theft Auto V had been postponed to March 2022, while God of War: Ragnarok was revealed, and trailers for new titles like Project Eve, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands and Forspoken were unveiled.

Nintendo held a surprise Nintendo Direct event overnight, showing some of what’s in store for 2022. That includes Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, addition of a selection of N64 and Sega Genesis titles to Nintendo Online platform from late October, and a Super Mario Bros animated movie (co-produced with Illumination which made Despicable Me franchise, and released by Universal) featuring the voices of Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy and Jack Black. The movie will be released in the US in December 2022.

1 Like