Game of Thrones

I really hope not. I want her to be the survivor.

When the fantasy drama based on George R.R. Martin’s best-sellers returns July 16 for season seven, it will have 13 episodes remaining, with seven this year and the remaining six either in 2018 or 2019. Then it’s up to HBO’s development pipeline to see if one of the four (possibly five) prequel series comes in strong enough to move forward after the rightful heir to the Iron Throne is finally revealed.

At least until the last episode. Then she can die a nasty death. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Um, we didn’t see Margaery at all in S7 Ep. 1. She wasn’t even mentioned.

Wasn’t she in the church when the explosion happened (last season - no recent spoilers)?

2 Likes

Yes. There couldn’t have been any survivors from that.

Relive the explosion.

If she does appear, she’s not going to have very many lines.

Ouch! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ye, she ded.

2 Likes

So people have kept insisting since last season, but I choose to believe that she miraculously survived and will return!

At last, Daenerys has arrived in Westeros.

Why is Ed Sheeran?

Because he is a huge fan of the show and one of Maisie Williams favourite singers.

Disappointing picture and sound quality on my recording of the “same time as the US” GOT. Even though it was 1080 and Dolby D there was a lot of compression. IIRC in previous seasons the prime time broadcast is a better quality - I didn’t check that tonight.

So glad this show is back. Solid epsiode. Not much really happened but its setting us up now. I love Cersei.

I watched it live at 11 am. I didn’t notice the HD being poorer than usual, but now and then the picture seemed to jump, as though some frames were skipped.

BTW, I saw Sansa’s line “So there’s no punishment for treason and no reward for loyalty?” on Twitter a minute or so before she actually said it on Showcase. I don’t normally follow social media reaction in real time, so it doesn’t matter to me, but for those who do, the lag would have been a little annoying.

Game of Thrones Season 7 premiere smashes ratings records for Foxtel

The premiere episode of season 7 of Game of Thrones has smashed records for Foxtel, achieving the highest ratings ever for a series in the history of subscription television in Australia.

Airing exclusively on Foxtel’s showcase channel and streaming on Foxtel Now, the much-anticipated first episode of the worldwide television phenomenon was televised yesterday at 11.00am AEST in a global television simulcast.

The day one Episode 1 audience of 820,000 viewers was an all-time record and an increase of 13 percent on Season 6’s launch in 2016. This figure includes streamed views on Foxtel Now. Episode 1 reached a total of 893,000 unique individuals.

Brian Walsh, Foxtel’s Executive Director of Television said, “Game of Thrones has again broken records worldwide cementing its place in television history as one of the most watched programming events of all time. The audience of 820,000 who tuned in to Episode 1 is unprecedented for Foxtel and we are ecstatic with the result. I fully expect this number to tilt at 1.5 million by the week’s end once more customers have viewed the episode through our catch up On Demand service and encore screenings which are scheduled on the showcase channel throughout the week.

“As has been reported, HBO in the US, its affiliate in Latin America, and Foxtel all experienced some technical glitches with our respective streaming products and we reiterate our disappointment for those customers impacted by the outage. Foxtel engineers are working to resolve the issue to ensure smooth transmission for the remainder of the series,” he said.

Alongside a piece recapping yesterday’s new episode of Game of Thrones, The Daily Telegraph published an article on “how the NBN aids internet pirates” that demonised VPNs. I found it quite amusing having read a lot of criticism last night about Foxtel’s inadequate, unreliable streaming service on social media.

I doubt we’ll be reading any criticism on the Tele’s letters page regarding the failure and Foxtel’s inability to stream the show in true HD. So many people are trying to do the right thing and pay for the content they consume but end up discovering it is much easier to source the show by other means. I’d love to see some real competition in this country to force Foxtel to up their game and provide streaming services on par with what is available in other countries. Hopefully HBO will look into introducing their own HBO Now streaming service here once the current rights deal with Foxtel expires.

2 Likes

These are screen grabs from the live 11am broadcast - pretty average quality HD IMO.

I understand you can enjoy the show without the shite mark via HBO streaming services, also.

2 Likes

Foxtel was quick to point out that sites in other countries, including HBO’s own, also had “technical glitches” with streaming the show, no doubt to try to take the heat off themselves.