Game of Thrones

HBO has revealed season 7 will premiere on July 16 in the US, using a Facebook livestream of a giant block of ice being attacked by flamethrowers. The date was shown as the ice began to melt.

Foxtel and HBO has confirmed that GAME OF THRONES will return for its seven-episode seventh season MONDAY JULY 17 same time as the U.S. on showcase or stream on Foxtel Play.

A long time to wait. And it seems HBO doesn’t mind putting on its biggest show in the middle of summer.

HBO wanted to film some scenes in the middle of winter in Europe, to make them more authentic, hence the delay.

Basic cable has for a long time preferred summer for drama to give their shows oxygen whilst major nets are airing essentially nothing. HBO is premium cable however.

Also, I read on Reddit that they pushed back the premiere so they could put extra effort into perfecting the episodes. Hopefully this season has less blunders than the last two, which I felt got a little lost at times. The Dorne scenes with the three sandsnake ladies in particular were lowlights.

1 Like

So this means the series will finish in the last week of August (7 eps and all)

Ed Sheeran will guest star in season 7, showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss announced on a panel with Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner at the South by Southwest Festival at Texas.

Four. Even for GOT that seems over the top, even though there’s enough material for dozens of spin-offs. For me, any spin-off would have to keep existing principal cast members or I might not be interested.

Bad GRRM, go back to writing The Winds of Winter.

I don’t think he can hear you.
http://cdn.teamcococdn.com/image/1000x1000,scale:max/0845-comedy-3-56bbe8aca04be.jpeg

New trailer

1 Like
1 Like

Game of Thrones features heavily on the latest issue of Time magazine. Five main cast members are on the cover plus a 12-page interview and analysis inside.

Yesterday I put ‘Game Of Thrones’ into the IQ2 program search and it returned 546 results. :open_mouth:
They are all the past episodes, specials, recaps, greatest moments and everything else including the kitchen sink leading up to the season 7 premiere.

##Winter is here

###Game of Thrones Season 7

Starts Monday 17 July

Same time as the US at 11.00am AEST

Encore at 8.30pm AEST

On Monday, July 17 at 11.00am AEST, Foxtel will broadcast the much-anticipated seventh season of worldwide TV phenomenon Game of Thrones at the same time as the US, in a global televison simulcast.

Following its live broadcast on Foxtel’s showcase channel, Game of Thrones will be available to watch from Foxtel’s on demand library, or streamed on demand on Foxtel’s streaming service, Foxtel Now.

HBO’s smash-hit, Emmy Award-winning Best Drama Series will make its triumphant return on July 17 with an all-new season of duplicity and treachery, nobility and honour, conquest and triumph.

With seven new episodes premiering, Season 7 will focus on a convergence of armies and attitudes that the show’s legions of fans have been anticipating for years. As the season begins, Daenerys Targaryen, accompanied by her unsullied army and emboldened by Dothraki/Ironborn allies and her lethal trio of dragons, has finally set sail for Westeros with Tyrion Lannister, her newly appointed Hand.

Jon Snow, memorably reanimated in Season 6, has apparently consolidated power in the North after his spectacular conquest of Ramsay Bolton in the “Battle of the Bastards” and the return of Winterfell to Stark control. In King’s Landing, Cersei Lannister, bereft of any surviving heirs, has successfully seized the Iron Throne by using wildfire to incinerate the High Sparrow and other foes in the Sept of Baelor.

But as these and other factions drive inexorably towards new alliances or (more likely) violent conflicts, the cold spectre of another, apocalyptic threat – in the form of an army of undead White Walkers expected to breach The Wall and invade the South – threatens to undermine the status quo and obliterate the outcome of these smaller, all- too-human rivalries.

Following its live broadcast on showcase, Game of Thrones will be available to watch from Foxtel’s on demand library, or streamed on demand on Foxtel’s streaming service, Foxtel Now

THIS JULY SHOWCASE IS THE HOME FOR GAME OF THRONES
Tuesday, July 4 at 8.30pm Game of Thrones: Greatest Moments (90 minute special)
Tuesday, July 11 at 8.30pm Game of Thrones: The Story So Far (65 minute special)
Thursday, July 13 at 10.10pm Thronecast: The War Room (45 minute special)
Monday, July 11 at 11.00am and encore at 8.30pm - Game of Thrones Season 7
Every Tuesday at 10.30pm from July 18 - Thronecast Season 7 (7 x 60 minutes)

Not long till I see my Queen and dragons again!

2 Likes

Yasssss queen slay!

2 Likes

Not long till I get to see the best queen of all - Cersei.

She’s cooked this season I reckon.