Game of Thrones

So far I’m not really seeing how they’ve put in the same amount of time, effort and expense for 30% less screen time. There must be some spectacular stuff to come.

How do you know they needed the same amount of time and money to make this season?

Really? I feel it has been action packed with a lot of big battles.

That’s what’s been widely reported since last season. e.g.,
http://hellogiggles.com/season-7-game-thrones-shorter/

There haven’t been any big battles. Euron Greyjoy attacked Yara’s fleet, but that didn’t last long and it was mostly close-up filming. The unsullied attacked Casterly Rock, but that was over in a minute or two. And Jaime Lannister attacked Highgarden, but we didn’t even see the battle, only one long shot of his army not doing anything, and then it was over. Besides, there have been plenty of big battles in past seasons. So far I haven’t noticed an obvious difference in quality or expense from past seasons. There’s been a lot more dialogue than action (which I don’t mind), but there are still four episodes to go for that to change.

It was good to see Cersei in full whack-job mode this week.

That Cersei scene in the dungeon was fucking incredible.

2 Likes

The ‘You will watch your daughter die’ speech was brilliantly evil.

1 Like

GoT next episode leaked.

Leak originated from Star India

Rather wait 2 extra days and watch it in 1080i and DD5.1 than some low quality rip. It really pisses me off too that it now ruins it for alot of dedicated fans as now the internet is full of spoilers for those who chose to wait rather than watch some low quality version.

2 Likes

How did Star India get hold of the episode before it aired on HBO?

They would need a copy a few days/weeks beforehand to dub voices over or subtitle for local consumption.

2 Likes

Wow, i didn’t realise HBO fast track dubbed episodes. Credit to HBO but surely a massive risk for leaking?

Well I assume for Star India. Most of their content IIRC is in Hindi or English programs subtitled into Hindi.

Last time I was in PNG, HBO Asia was promoting GoT as same day as the US. HBO Asia uses burnt in subtitles for various markets (Malaysia and Indonesia) as well as dual audio (left channel audio is English, right is another… possibly Chinese). I never watched a premiere episode of GoT on HBO Asia but I presume GoT is presented in those standards, given it is the most prominent show on their schedule.

In other words, I believe HBO would have to provide advanced copies to distributors.

I have seen a premiere episode of GoT while I was in Cambodia and there was subtitles. However I was sure they were a week behind.

Great episode. Every episode seems to have a major death and reunion.

1 Like

Great ep, that felt like a movie.

I’m really unsure who’s going to come out the victor in this war now. At first I thought Dani would roflstomp but now Cersei has levelled the playing field somewhat. Hope that spear didn’t have poison on it.

1 Like

It has to be Cersei who wins. Looking back at hsitry, i know this is fictional, the ruler was always evil.

the season 5 ep 1 flashback says otherwise

Yeah I forgot about that. I always thought they were talking about Margery.

I don’t understand how media companies can keep unaired episodes of a show on their servers in such a way that hackers can get at them. There are various ways they can be protected from unauthorized access.

A fantastic, packed episode. That’s more like it! Sansa and Arya finally re-unite, and what a great battle scene. I hope Drogon is okay.

2 Likes

Legit that’s all I cared for in the episode and I think he maybe/hopefully fine (as seen in the ep 5 preview). I wonder how many ‘ballistic bows’ or (whatever they’re called) have been created.