Game of Thrones

Excellent.

I give episode 9 a 12/10.

3 Likes

Very well filmed episode. I did feel it was a bit predictable. But was a great episode.

Fantastic episode. Now for the finale. I guess there will be a shock death or two. I just hope itā€™s no one Iā€™ll miss too much.

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but in normal Game of Thrones fashion the second to last episode is normally the biggest episode with the finale drawing upon a cliffhanger of some kind. We havenā€™t seen the White Walkers much this season so I would assume we will see them somewhere in this episode.

I would assume the following will feature heavily in the final episode:
the trial of Cersei
Jamie coming back to Kings Landing
White Walkers
Bran will probably have a flashback that will reveal something spectacular at the end that will leave people wanting more
Arya will probably get a boat back

As for characters dying the fact that we had Ramsey, Rickon and The Giant die we might not see any major deaths.

Brilliant visual effects in this episode. Canā€™t wait for Monday! :D[quote=ā€œturdall, post:44, topic:557ā€]

As for characters dying the fact that we had Ramsey, Rickon and The Giant die we might not see any major deaths
[/quote]

You never know with Game of Thrones. :wink:

1 Like

Hold the door?

Yeah thatā€™s the only episode isnā€™t it?

Less than 11 hours to go. Taken day off to watch haha

Well I was totally wrong. And that was within the first 15 minutes.

Great episode that has set up some great storylines for the final 2 seasons. Cannot wait for the next one! Brilliant season. The best so far by far.

1 Like

I hope not.

Keep it going forever :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree but I believe I remember the creators saying it only had 2 seasons left after this one.

Holy fuck!!! That was insane. Episodes 9 and 10 combined are the best two hours of tv Iā€™ve ever seen.

3 Likes

I totally agree. Watched it go to air at work this morning and was mesmerised in the opening minutes. Just finished watching it again paying full attention to the details. Thereā€™s something seriously wrong if this doesnā€™t scoop the pool at the Emmys next year.

I havenā€™t been to a cinema for nearly ten years but I would gladly have paid to see those last two episodes on the big screen. If this quality of production can be maintained, perhaps HBO should consider releasing some big budget feature films to wrap up the series.

1 Like

From Foxtel:

Season 6 finale the most watched program in Australian Subscription Television history

Mondayā€™s final episode of Game of Thrones season 6 reaped huge audience numbers recording the highest overnight total audience in subscription television history.

Game of Thrones S6 final episode on Foxtelā€™s Showcase Channel, was the number one program on Foxtel yesterday recording a total audience of 737,000 with more viewers to add once the consolidated data becomes available.

The final episodeā€™s overnight figures at 737,000 viewers trumped the premiere episode one of Game of Thrones S6 at 727,000 which was the highest ever watched program in Australian Subscription Television history.

2 Likes

I agree with all the comments above. What an amazing episode that was. I rewatched the first 30 minutes of episode 10 again this afternoon because every part of the episode up until ā€˜the jumpā€™ was deserving of another watch. That explosion was amazing.

1 Like

I watched the first 30 minutes for the third time tonight. The score is absolutely haunting, chilling and oh so fitting. Downloaded it today and had it playing in the car on the way home. Just found the sheet music online and will have a go next time I have access to my sisterā€™s piano.

Am I as sick and twisted as Cersei for wanting to know what Sir Gregor was doing to Septor Unella to make her scream like that?

Iā€™ve only seen the finale once and my initial thought about the music was that it was out of place in this show. If I were asked to guess what show it was from before watching the episode, GOT would have been my last guess. Maybe that clouded my impression of how suitable it was for the scene.

We didnā€™t actually see Margaery die, did we? I hoped she somehow survived, but looking around the net everyone thinks sheā€™s dead, and actress Natalie Dormer said she asked to be written out of it.

Thankfully we didnā€™t lose any characters on my A-list, such as Daenerys (unlikely, but you never know), Arya or Sansa. I will miss Walder Frey a little because heā€™s such a nasty piece of work. He got exactly what I hoped heā€™d get and Arya can tick him off her list, but heā€™s not there to despise any more. Septa Unella getting her comeuppance was one of the most satisfying scenes ever. With any luck she will still be screaming next season.

[quote=ā€œtriton, post:57, topic:557ā€]
We didnā€™t actually see Margaery die, did we? [/quote]
Thereā€™s no way anyone in the middle of that wildfire explosion survived. We saw the flesh melting off their skeletons on impact.

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure everyone in the same postcode as the Sept was incinerated. Margaery is gone. Accept it.

1 Like

Yes, it was like a tsunami of wildfire was unleashed out of that place.