Freeview FV

If any of you use Windows 10 if you download the Windows 10 app called AUSSIE TV FTW
they have the direct feed for the Channel 10 stream for all states. Of course I only use the perth state, but I did test them and they full work when switch. No restriction on the direct feed. Make of that what you will.

I don’t know who made that program , but if you desperately need want to see Ten online. That’s the only option, and that’s direct feed.

The Channel 10 stream is only for selected programs still, like Tenplay.

Do Ten potentially not have streaming rights to a lot of their imported content and have therefore decided it’s less confusing to viewers to just black out large blocks of the schedule?

No AirPlay/Chromecast option? come on guys…

2 Likes

If you had any doubts to what I was saying about the Ten feeds in the Windows 10 Aussie TV FTW app I was talking about here it is. It’s a pretty darn good app though. It has just been updated to include the SBS and SBS 2 and NIT TV.

I can only assume the guy who created the app got the direct links from somewhere. He has all the states (or she) :stuck_out_tongue:

Just capture this moments ago… (perth feed)

1 Like

Anyone know why on this app you can watch all networks within the app itself but the nine programming reverts to the nine now app?

Because it requires a sign-in to watch anything on 9Now?

I thought it would be a hassle to sign up to use 9Now, but I just used my Facebook account and it was simple.

Used it today and it’s pretty decent. I just hate the fact that it keeps asking me what postcode I need every time I open the app. But it is pretty decent. Love having the guide on my phone.

I hope SBS provide a feed for the Perth timezone,. Not really keen on viewing eastern states feeds.

Enabling location services should sort that out? I think it only asks for a postcode where it hasn’t been able to determine your location.

Freeview FV app is now available for Android tablets through the Google Play store.

Freeview FV mobile app shortlisted in prestigious Connie Awards

Freeview’s world-first free-to-air TV live streaming and catch-up mobile app Freeview FV has been shortlisted at the international Connie Awards in the Best TV/Video Service Update or Launch category.

Freeview is the only Australian-based company to be recognised in the international categories.

Based in the UK, the annual Connie Awards recognise innovation and the emerging best practice from across all sectors of the media landscape around the world. The awards showcase initiatives that meet the needs of leading media businesses and practitioners in delivering value to the ever-more connected consumer.

“The Australian FTA industry leads the world in innovation and this is an exciting acknowledgment of the efforts of everyone involved, from the broadcasters to the technical teams,” said Freeview CEO Elizabeth Ross.

The winners will be announced at the awards lunch on May 3, 2017.

###Freeview FV upgrade supports Chromecast

Freeview FV, the world-first free-to-air TV live streaming and catch-up mobile app from Freeview, now supports Google Chromecast.

The new feature means any TV with Chromecast support can deliver one-stop free-to-air TV for both streaming and catch-up, managed simply through a smartphone or tablet.

“We want everyone in every household to be able to watch free-to-air TV on their terms, where and when they choose and now viewers have the option of a bigger screen that may not be connected to an aerial.
This makes Freeview FV even more convenient,” said Freeview CEO Elizabeth Ross.

Chromecast allows users to discover and control content from their smartphone or tablet and view it on their TV through either built in Chromecast functionality or the simple addition of a Chromecast dongle. Freeview FV Chromecast support is available for both iOS and Android devices.

Australian broadcasters are regarded internationally as being at the forefront of television streaming and this month Freeview FV took out the International Grand Prix Award and Best TV/Video Service Update or Launch Award at the Connie Awards.

Launched in November 2016, Freeview FV is available on iOS and Android mobile and tablets, delivering TV straight into viewers’ hands.

Freeview FV delivers live streaming of 20 free-to-air TV channels and the catch-up content from all broadcasters with just one click. Available channels include: ABC, SBS, Seven, Channel 9, TEN, ONE, Eleven ABC2/ABC KIDS, ABC ME, ABC News 24, SBS VICELAND, Food Network, NITV, 7TWO, 7Mate, 7Flix, Racing.com, 9Gem, 9Go! and 9Life. More live channels will be added as they become available.

2 Likes

Handy if you live in area that doesn’t have good TV reception or if a sub-channel isn’t available eg. 9Life in Tasmania, regional SA or regional WA, 7flix in Prime7 areas.

I tried to stream some shows on my iPhone but unfortunately they require a postcode. I tried to put in my postcode but they can’t detect my postcode even though I have the Location on.

I had the same problem. Not working ?

I get asked for my postcode each time I open the app. Never had any issues with that or streaming

NB/ aside from the fact that Nine makes you use their app, and Ten insists on streaming about twenty minutes a day.

2 Likes
2 Likes

While it’s a good initiative, it’s massively flawed considering:

• a) 10’s multi-channels don’t stream 24/7 for some stupid reason; and
  • b) You can’t watch ABC & Nine channels via the Freeview FV website - it redirects you to iView/9Now
2 Likes

The app is almost unstable in viewing catch-up programs, as that will redirect you to the channel’s official catch-up app.

1 Like