Foxtel

From ViacomCBS media release:

The new local channels go live on Foxtel from 1 July and will celebrate even more of the music audiences love, with curated music blocks for rock and pop, contemporary and country, charts and dance, urban R&B, easy listening and the all-time classics.

when did the dreamworks pop up channel start?

Does anyone else have buffering issues with the foxtel now app on PS4?
It doesn’t always happen but it appears at night when watching on demand, the show will be fine and then it will hit a period of stop - start buffering. Some nights it resolves itself but other nights I have to reboot the PS4 to get it to rectify.

It only happens with the Foxtel app, all others - Stan, Netflix etc are always fine. And we have high download speed during peak so it’s not an actual internet problem.

I had, it is so bad I had to cancel Foxtel Now. I called them on several occasions, I tried everything and the buffering still persists. I have a 54 Mbps Uniti Wireless fixed wireless service.

1 Like

Before the channels close tomorrow night, Channel V, Max and CMC have posted farewell videos on their websites.

Have also noticed that the channels are airing tribute videos from artists and past presenters in between some clips which is a nice touch

2 Likes

what time is channelv closing after tommorow

6am Jimmy.

thanks 6 am i will go to bed early and get up at 5 30 am tommorow

Here’s a brief video I filmed earlier this evening of [V], Max and CMC. The overall quality is pretty crap (as are all camera-to-TV recordings, tbh), but unfortunately, this is the only way you can record/upload Foxtel content now. The in-browser version of Foxtel Go doesn’t allow you to record anything with a screen-capturing program, which is a huge pain. Still, it’s better than nothing I suppose.

8 Likes

Yes. The copyright protection on Foxtel appears to be fairly strict.

I am not sure if it would work with Foxtel but i was able to record Fetch TV with a HDMI to Composite AV Converter running to a DVD recorder.

this is the one i have

https://www.jaycar.com.au/hdmi-to-composite-av-converter-with-power-supply/p/AC1773

You were able to do this with the older foxtel boxes and im talking iQ1 iQ1.5 and down I dont think you can do it with a iQ2. The way the IQ3 and IQ4 are both made I highly dought this would work on those boxes.

1 Like

7 Likes

It’s sad that MAX isn’t being retained. It had some great music.

But assuming that MTV Classic will have somewhat similar music, it has a stronger brand (to me). Hoping that the picture quality will be a bit better (MAX was pretty ordinary), but not at all hopeful. A lot of this i suspect was due to the average quality of the source material.

3 Likes

Has it been said if the new music channels are going to be Australian versions of the MTV brands, like say Nickelodeon is, or are they just going to be simulcasts of US or international versions?

Why would they bother reminding? There is Spotify and fm radio these days

2 Likes

:crazy_face: How do you watch music videos through FM radio and Spotify?

1 Like
1 Like

9 Likes