Foxtel

I don’t think the press release states that. I can’t see anything that says the movies are exclusive to Foxtel, it just says an extension of the (current) rights. Unless I have misinterpreted it.

1 Like

IMO more and more people will not accept weekly release models on a streaming/online medium. Calling the new service Binge and doing weekly release sounds crazy to me

5 Likes

Indeed, you only need to look at The Last Dance currently to show that hype can still be built around a weekly drop.

I’m sure Binge can pull a few strings and get HBO to adjust their weekly release model just for Australia…

3 Likes

will this mean that Shameless and The Big Bang Theory will no longer be on Netflix, and Friends and Hart of Dixie will no longer be on Stan?

1 Like

Terrible outcome for the average consumer. Amazing Foxtel was prepared to cough up the money.

Oh well, there’s a decent change Foxtel won’t be around to see out the deal.

1 Like

Especially cmo.

Foxtel has acquired four documentary series from DCD Rights - The Bone Detectives, Nazi War Machines: Secrets Uncovered, The Black Files Declassified and The Blitz: Britain On Fire (also bought by SBS).

Where will they put Warner/HBO content on,showcase was mentioned to me elsewhere?

I think Foxtel will put first run WB shows on Fox One, HBO content will stay on Fox Showcase.

According to the above Mediaweek article that JohnsonTV had linked to on his earlier post, that would be the case.

When it comes to catalogue material, Foxtel is believed to have extensive picks over what’s available and it seems that The Big Bang Theory and Friends will live at Foxtel, possibly not at Stan (Friends) or Netflix (BBT).

1 Like

They are taking over the audio channels then?, which is what this implies.

1 Like

The audio channels are already outsourced to Stingray AIUI

5 Likes

Here’s a tidbit. Stingray also run woolworths radio

2 Likes

I know friends and Big Bang are massively popular. But they are also on FTA. Will people really part with $50 a month just for friends and Big Bang?

Foxtel / Binge / Project Ares needs a $9.90 a month plan. It’s that simple

6.90 with ads
9.90 no ads
12.90 more content
15.90 more content again

3 Likes

My nearest KFC only has either WIN or Nine tuned on. My nearest Hungry Jacks has Foxtel Smooth tuned and the other one in Canberra has MAX tuned on.

1 Like

My nearest KFC always has 7 on!

1 Like

Hungry Jack’s has either MAX or Seven tuned on.

1 Like

my local KFC has Max on

my local Hungry Jacks has Sky News on

Taco Bill has Channel 10

the local doctors has Nine

the local pharmacy has Nine

the local footy club has 7mate

the local Shopping Centre has Fox Sports News

1 Like