Foxtel

Foxtel own ads don’t mentioned 4K on 5th feb about 14:30 about Fire Flight Australia?

Will Fetch retain Disney channel?

Foxtel priority should be getting Disney plus on board ala Netflix then.

2 Likes

I just can’t see Foxtel lasting.

Two more exits from Foxtel.

Yeah, they’re in trouble. The rest of Disney’s stuff will likely disappear as the deals expire (Nat Geo, FX, maybe even ESPN). By the time the HBO deal expires, HBO Max should be ready and they’ll lose that.

2 Likes

I could perhaps see Comcast getting it - but at a bargain price and rebranding it Sky. But yeah otherwise the future isn’t great for the satellite service.

1 Like

There goes Foxtel down the drain. Disney , ESPN, Nat Geo etc. The only things worth watching (apart from sport) . Well Disney is for the kids really. :wink: I just hope those channels pop up on Disney +. But if that happens i can expect to see a price hike (but that’s for another thread)

1 Like

As much as free to air has decreased in numbers, I can still see The ABC/SBS/7/9/10 riding the wave and evolving in the future.

But Foxtel (Pay TV) will only be around for say another 5 years or so. My prediction.

1 Like

Foxtel will probably continue to exist in some form, but it’ll be a small player in the streaming market.

3 Likes

I wonder if Foxtel is prepared for subscriber loss when they get kicked off HFC. I don’t think 100% of customers will change over to satellite (even if it’s free).

2 Likes

I dont see the abc/sbs/7/9/10 evolving at all .i see foxtel evolving and beijg streamiing only

Err, there’s a generation of Australians that have only really ever watched the ABC via iview and SBS On Demand is very well known and stands completely separate to SBS TV.

If terrestrial was turned off tomorrow, the ABC and SBS would be fine. Nine Now is the most established of the commercials. Seven whatever and 10 play are hopeless.

3 Likes

I agree. The public broadcasters (provided that they’re adequately funded) and Nine will probably be fine, although with the backing of CBS I think it’s also possible that Ten may do OK - better now than a few years ago anyway!

Seven & Foxtel are probably the two “legacy” broadcasters who’s futures I’d be most concerned about right now.

I don’t know how true this is but I’ve been told Foxtel has almost doubled the subscription fee for licensed venues and they’ve lost a lot of revenue because so many can no longer justify the cost of having it.

4 Likes

This happened about 12 months ago from what I understand, I’ve heard a lot of places that ditched it in response have since resubscribed

2 Likes

What’s the difference between 9’s deal with NBC Universal and Foxtel’s . The recent one that was announced late last year I think?

They spent all that money on the cricket and Kayo hasn’t attracted any of the subscribers they would’ve wanted. Another abject failure.

4 Likes

Not only have they spent a lot of money - they’ve also contributed to the downfall by wanting a longer Big Bash season amongst other things.

3 Likes