Foxtel

My Idea for a Restructured Foxtel and Foxtel Now Pricing Model;

Entertainment SD (Basic Package) $20 per month. This will include ALL standard definition channels from Entertainment, Entertainment Plus, Documentary and Kids Packages.

Entertainment HD Package $20 per month. This will include ALL high definition channels from Entertainment, Entertainment Plus, Documentary Packages and Boxsets and Binge channels from the Drama Package. Plus to access movies and/or sports packages this package must be purchased.

Movies Package $20 per month. This will include Fox Showcase, BBC First and 13th St channels from the Drama Package.

Sports Package (Including 4K Package) $35 per month.

If Movies Package is Purchased your Foxtel will cost $60 per month.
If Sports Package is Purchased your Foxtel will cost $75 per month.
If Movies and Sports Packages is Purchased your Foxtel will cost $95 per month.

New Customer or Existing Customer upgrading to IQ4 Box.

IQ4 Box $10 a month for 24 months or $240 Outwright.
For example if Movies Package is Purchased your Foxtel will cost $70 per month for 24 months with IQ4 Box.

Standard Installation via a Technician $7.50 a month for 24 months or $180 Outwright.
For example if Movies Package is Purchased your Foxtel will cost $77.50 per month for 24 months with IQ4 Box and Standard Installation via a Technician.

1 Like

Are you an undercover Foxtel Employee?

This is basically what the pricing is now and its a joke.

9 Likes

Maybe could Foxtel look at getting ‘Olympic Channel’ as one of its channels in the near future?

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone else experienced this but attempting to tune into 7, 9 and 10 on the iQ3 and iQ4 this morning didn’t work.

It would just show the ABC News channel until about midday when it randomly flicked back to programming? I did test my antenna on my normal TV and it worked completely fine. Other people I spoke to had the same issue.

3 Likes

won;t happen soon - foxtel don’t really add channels users want. there has been a number asking for nasa tv for years with no success

2 Likes

$10 a month for all channels in HD, $12:00 for multi screen on Now. They can overcharge as much as they want for pay-per-view boxing and wrestling.

3 Likes

You can get NASA TV for free online.

In fact, it’s on YouTube…with multiple live streams. It’s pretty cool. The playlist is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2aBZuCeDwlQMf6xMgQAUAY_nbHAgW5jz

The channel itself:

The media stream:

Live camera from the space station:

Foxtel would probably only offer the first stream.

6 Likes

And me asking for Nickelodeon and Disney Channel Both in HD without Success.

That’s not the point. FTA is also free everywhere but having it on Foxtel is something I would say most subscribers would want

The new Foxtel remote:

Replaces the current one for the iQ4k.

10 Likes

theres meant to be a foxtel function/event next week not to sure how big it will be.

theres a lot more information about what’s going on here:

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/9yv0jw83?p=208

1 Like

I don’t know why the Netflix button is there… A while ago they stated Netflix was to be added onto the iQ4, and in May they said it would be in July, but there appears to be nothing after that.
Question: Is Netflix showing up on your iQ4?

https://www.channelnews.com.au/exclusive-foxtel-on-a-roll-netflix-deal-to-be-announced-in-july/

That article says an announcement will be made in July and we’re only half way through that month.

3 Likes

HBO has announced new streaming service HBO Max will be launched in 2020.

When Foxtel’s HBO licensing agreement expires this could leave a huge hole in Foxtel’s programming if they’re unable to reach a new deal which would delay HBO Max launching in Australia.

www.hbomax.com

1 Like

$220 to upgrade to a IQ4, I was looking into it for my parents. No wonder they are a joke. Parents have had Platinum since 2004, and they still gauge people.

2 Likes

Curses!

I thought it was only $125, I would probably upgrade at that price, but not $220.

Box + Install fee. Ludicrous.

Actually, I just logged into My Account on FOXTEL and it says Upgrade fee from iQ3 to iQ4 is $125.

@TVHead I reckon if you ring FOXTEL you should be able to get them to do it for that price, maybe better.

1 Like

If you threaten to cancel they’ll often give you the box for free as a way to keep you. Keep haggling.

4 Likes

Install fee? Are they on cable?

Work colleague was offered one unsolicited for no cost - she did have one of the first gen MyStars though