Foxtel

I would jump on Kayo if it was in 4k or was at least the same quality as the terrestrial broadcast.
But the unreliableness of streaming is also a big factor.

1 Like

I was going to cancel and switch to Kayo as my deal had run out but all I did was ring up, start to cancel and then got a better offer than what I had before so I’ve kept it for another year now. Didn’t haggle or anything, probably could have tried for more off but was happy with what I got.

2 Likes

Foxtel has bought several documentaries from UK distributor Orange Smarty. Among them are Pilgrimage: The Road to Santiago (3×45′) and the recently announced follow-up series, Pilgrimage: The Road to Rome (3×45′), both for BBC2, and the first two seasons of house hunting show Coast v Country.

Foxtel Kids App Easter School Holiday Highlights

The Foxtel Kids App is the perfect entertainment to have on hand this Easter with the latest shows and family favourites available to stream on devices or download instantly for a very happy school holidays!

Foxtel customers with the Kids Pack can simply download the app and access the world’s best kids’ shows on demand from Foxtel’s most popular kids channels including Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, CBeebies and Discovery Kids .

The Award-winning* App is included with the Kids Pack for Foxtel customers and can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. Subscribers simply login via their Foxtel account on up to five devices and the app can be used simultaneously by two users.

Kids App Easter School Holiday highlights include the following titles available to stream or download (further information in attached media release):

KIM POSSIBLE
Disney Channel

PJ MASKS
Disney Junior

PAPRIKA
Disney Junior

BUNK’D
Disney Channel

EASTER EGGSTRAVAGANZA
CBeebies

FURCHESTER HOTEL
CBeebies

HEAD RUSH
Discovery Kids

ACE: ANIMAL COUNTDOWN EXTRAORDINAIRE
Discovery Kids

SUMMER CAMP ISLAND
Cartoon Network

HENRY DANGER
Nickelodeon

DOUBLE DARE
Nickelodeon

ABBY HATCHER
Nick Jr.

PAW PATROL
Nick Jr.

New Episodes,

NICKELODEON CLASSICS
Nickelodeon

Got a phone call out of the blue yesterday offering me a free upgrade to the iQ4K so I have a new one being sent out. I have noticed improvements with the iQ3 since the one I initially had when it first came out which was so buggy and slow but even now it’s nowhere near as easy to use as the Fetch. How does the 4 compare for those who have it?

1 Like

I have been meaning to upgrade to iQ4 as well.

Though the only real advantage for me would be the 4K channel (there are other advantages over the iQ3 but I don’t think I’d use them).

1 Like

iQ4 is perfect for me - no bugs. Super quick. Channel 444 is amazing

2 Likes

Is the iQ4 worth up upgrading over the iQ2?

Only if you want the 4K channel & a different UI Interface

2 Likes

Was just wondering if (in terms of sport), someone can describe the differences between “Foxtel Now”, “Foxtel Go” and “Kayo”?

Foxtel Go is an online streaming service for Foxtel Satellite/Cable customers only. It’s designed to be used in addition to the existing service. It provides all the Fox Sports channels (with exception to Fox Footy being rebranded as Footy Play). It has both on-demand and live channels.

Foxtel Now is an online streaming service where anyone can subscribe regardless of existing services. It carries the same Fox Sports services as Foxtel Go. It has a similar pricing/package structure to Foxtel with various genre packs. It has both on-demand and live channels.

Kayo is an online streaming service where anyone can subscribe and offers only sports. It carries the same Fox Sports services as Now and Go. It is designed to be primarily an on-demand service with little resemblance to “the Foxtel experience”, but does still offer the live channels.

8 Likes

Except Eurosport for some reason.

3 Likes

Foxtel to dump the English Football club channels plus the blocks on Fox Sports. No real lost for me but i wish they would add in a BeIn Sports 4 too much content being exclusive to connect with little delayed airing on tv

1 Like

Is Foxtel dumping these club channels to reduce costs? Or are there not enough subscribers?

Could be wrong but I think Foxtel signed a deal to show these channels and EPL content for X amount of years. And it looks like the deal has not been renewed.

1 Like

Pleased to hear that.

I hope they add a Fox Sports 8, 9 and 10 in place of those 3 channels, ones that show a range of niche sports not currently covered.

3 Likes

I think Fox Sports 8, 9 and 10 should be set up ASAP so more concurrent events can be shown live and in full, especially on weekends.

3 Likes

Just out of interest, how often would there be ten sporting events happening simultaneously happening on the weekend that Fox Sports has the rights to?

2 Likes

Maybe around 10 times a year? During March there were three simultaneous cricket matches plus live tennis, golf, motorsport and the four football codes on one weekend. The clashes will become more frequent from May to July.

1 Like

It seems to be aligned with the EPL rights cycle in that those channels were added to ‘make up’ for Fox Sports losing the EPL rights in 2016 and they’re being dropped at the end of May which is when the current rights period ends.

Additional channels don’t necessarily have to be full-time channels - Sky Sport NZ has IIRC 4 ‘pop-up’ channels which are used for overflow/extended coverage as needed and show a ‘coming up’ slide/screen when it’s not being used

4 Likes