Foxtel

Wish CNN was on FOXTEL Now

2 Likes

Agreed. Along with a few more news channels too. But since most of the ones I watch are on YouTube streaming freely anyway, it’s a moot point.

Quite a few channel lineup changes and a new channel from May 27. Here’s the rundown of the changes:

13th Street HD 118 to 117
Animal Planet 615 to 621
Arena HD 105 to 112
BBC First HD 117 to 116
BBC Knowledge HD 612 to 614
Binge HD 116 to 119
Box Sets HD 115 to 118
CNN 605 to 607
Crime + Investigation 613 to 609
Discovery HD 608 to 612
Discovery Science 638 to 616
Discovery Turbo 634 to 620
FOX News 604 to 606
Fox Sports News HD 500 to 602
History HD 611 to 608
National Geographic HD 610 to 613
Nat Geo WILD HD 616 to 622
Showcase HD 114 to 115
Sky News Business HD 602 to 601
Sky News Extra (renamed from Sky News APAC) 604
Sky News Live from 601 to 600 AND 103
Sky News UK (NEW CHANNEL) 605
UKTV 103 to 105
Universal HD 112 to 114

5 Likes

Interesting simulcast there to be right at the beginning of the channel flicking range there but in the general entertainment channels. Says a lot about the quality, may as well have put it next to the Comedy Channel.

4 Likes

Says a lot about the desperation that Fox has to get Sky News more viewers in any way possible (it’s not going to work though).

2 Likes

Honestly think that Sky News UK will out rate the Australian version

3 Likes

Maybe during the day/weekends but definitely not in primetime. Whether people on here like it or not (and I certainly aren’t a fan), Sky having conservative primetime lineup has attracted and built up an audience that weren’t watching the channel when it had a 24/7 straight news format

But they’re a demo not attractive to advertisers. Also, they were starting from an incredibly low bar, and the numbers are still tiny. There are more people sleeping in front of News 24 than watching Sky.

demos don’t matter as it’s about driving subscriptions. Foxtel are going with conservatalk because it delivers AN audience, they don’t care how old.

Now the content is still shit, don’t you worry about that.

Moving History and C+I to the top of the Docos list must have something to do with that as well. It’s a war, crime, world-is-imploding smorgasbord at Foxtel!

Are they also owned and operated and therefore more important to the slime balls at foxtel.

They are so desperate for people to watch sky they’ll happily ram it down their throats after their sinister plot to take over ten news came unstuck.

2 Likes

Yep, and also for extra cost in the Docos pack, unlike Discovery and Nat Geo.

FOXTEL doing everything in their power to make their service worse.

I thought the new CEO might have been better given he was responsible for launching HD and the iQ2, but it looks like I’m wrong there.

1 Like

Yes, that and …

It also gives the Murdoch empire another mouthpiece and an televisual complement to their existing city and national newspapers. It helps drive the agenda towards their side of the debate.

Sure it doesn’t and won’t have the same reach as Fox News in the US, but every little bit helps.

And if Murdoch and Gordon had been able to pull off their Ten swindle, gut Ten News and replace it with Sky News, their plan would be complete.

1 Like

Still surprised to see FSN move out of the Sports numbering, doesn’t quite make sense to have them with all the news channels. Shows like Bill & Boz and the rare overflow of sports show its better suited to being in the 500’s.

1 Like

Prob should just be on both channels

Does this mean we could be getting anther sports channel?

images

1 Like

Fox cricket

Haven’t been in here since 142 posts back (before the cable announcement). It’s been a shocking read from there to here.

1 Like

News Corp has attributed writedown of nearly US$1 billion for the merger of Foxtel and Fox Sports for the media giant’s US$1.13 billion loss in the third quarter.

1 Like