Foxtel

We need Nickelodeon and Disney Channel in HD.

eh not really. MTV needs to go HD before them.

But really all channels should be HD by now.

1 Like

we need sky news UK as a full time channel first - people have been asking for this for years.

they should be stacking as many channels as they can - not cutting them. I want NASA TV for starters

1 Like

NASA TV is live on YouTube by the way, so it is easily accessible. Yeah, it would be good if Sky News UK was available here - I watch it via the Pluto TV app.

Good news for you, is that from the 27th May Sky News Uk will be available on channel 605.

Channels will follow
Sky News Live - CH 600
Sky News Business - CH 601
Fox Sports News - CH 602
Sky News Weather - CH 603
Sky News Extra (formally APAC) - CH 604
Sky News UK - CH 605

8 Likes

Fox News 606
CNN 607

1 Like

Bloody took long enough. If I still had my Foxtel subscription, I’d watch it.

1 Like

Great news. But let’s hope it looks better than it does when they show it on the main Sky channel now. You can stream it in HD from here, so they’d better do a decent job of it.

does this mean that sky news multi view is basically discontinued?

Yeah, as posted in the Sky News thread, multi view will be discontinued from May 26

Sky News UK CH 605 will also be available in HD

1 Like

So are Foxtel’s interactive TV services now all being phased out?

sky news weather interactive is still going

Well done FOXTEL.

Years too late - but great that its happening …

Now continue to give viewers what they’re asking for - and the direct debits shall continue to flow :slight_smile:

I guess come May 27 there will be no need for Sky News Live to keep silmulcasting Sky UK overnight between 1 to 5am EST.

I’m surprised old Rupe doesn’t want to drop CNN :slight_smile:

Be nice if they also rearranged things to put BBC and ABC 24 on say 608 and 609. But that might be expecting too much

i wouldn’t be surprised if CNN is supplied free and they make revenue off advertising (in the US they have a 50/50 split between advertising and subscriber costs - they make around 60 cents per subscriber in the USA)

CNN is supposed to be the no1 for worldwide news and not having a presence on a contient could cause some upset investors

It would be great if Foxtel added Channel NewsAsia & FOX Business Network as well.

1 Like

I think we will just see repeats of the number of political shows they have/ U.S news

2 Likes

If Foxtel didn’t want to carry the channel anymore, I suppose CNN could still have a presence in Australia through Fetch TV and the like.

But yeah, it wouldn’t be good if CNN (or the other two remaining Turner Broadcasting channels on Foxtel - Cartoon Network & Boomerang) was pulled from the country’s most dominant Pay TV platform. But after Foxtel cut the cord with TCN in December 2016, who knows what might happen in the future.

I doubt CNN is going anywhere. It would be nice if it was in HD like it is on Fetch.

4 Likes