Foxtel

Do most music videos that are uncensored and contain sex, nudity, drugs, violence, gore and horror air on Foxtel late at night?

One century of stories. Celebrate the best of Warner Bros on our WB100 Movies Pop-Up Channel 🎬 #WB100 pic.twitter.com/SxE5DhjMHr

— Foxtel (@Foxtel) July 6, 2023

4 Likes

I’m not sure what happens now but I think back in the day they used to just put a continuous MA15+ rating on there so Basically anything would go at any hr but the channels have changed a lot now so I’m not sure how they work it.

There’s some chat on a Fetch TV Facebook group that MTV is leaving foxtel along with Nickelodeon and Nick Jr.

Confirmed:

5 Likes

Foxtel continue to lose channels yet the prices are astronomical. The quality of broadcasts are also questionable. It’s a disaster.

5 Likes

Assuming nick @ nite will feature some mtv content then

1 Like

MTV was one of the first channels that was suggested as 10’s third multichannel before 10 Shake started.

7 Likes

MTV could be Ten’s fourth channel replacing Gecko on 14.

1 Like

I think this is where foxtel will need to diversify and start looking at the pricigg by structures and admit their pricing model is ducked.

My parents just got rid of their foxtel box and have gone with Fetch. They were paying for channels and stuff they hardly watched . Surely Foxtel should be worried they the more the channels they loose it doesn’t look good for them?

2 Likes

Can we stop having a hard-on for Gecko? It’s NEVER going to happen anytime soon.

1 Like

Nickelodeon is replacing 10 Shake on Aug 1.

1 Like

Wait so… if this was on the Fetch group dose this mean that it is also leaving Fetch?

They’re leaving Foxtel so of course it’s leaving Fetch. The only service it might stay on is Sky in NZ.

1 Like

Will be interesting to see what new channels Fetch get now.

Been checking the help page where they usually put their latest programming updates (like they did when we lost Nat Geo) and haven’t seen anything yet so you may be right.

2 Likes

10 Shake isn’t available through the Foxtel feee-to-air tuner, so unless that changes, Nickelodeon won’t be viewable on Foxtel, except through the 10Play app.

However, can Fetch viewers watch 10 Shake through their set top box? If so then the new Nickelodeon channel will be on Fetch.

3 Likes

Foxtel is losing a lot of channels yet its cost is rising.

At the moment I still have it for AFL, NRL, NBA, NFL and the news channels. Plus the odd bit of Lifestyle channel stuff. And shows like Succession.

But I’m increasingly thinking I could get away with Kayo and Flash (which I think I have free through my News Ltd subscription anyway).

I think Foxtel needs more channels.

1 Like

Dude, it’s getting ridiculous now. It’s pretty much getting to the point where people who can afford Foxtel are basically ditching it and going with Streaming platforms. I think OnDemand viewing is what people want now.

This isn’t all that surprising - the shift seems to be away from content aggregators and to greater control over how content is disseminated.

I’d expect we might see a few more Fox(tel) branded channels pop up in their place as they secure content to replace the departing channels - it’s likely that outside a number of distinct areas, channels are going to carry generic or Fox branding moving forward. Foxtel have also attempted to shift their focus too - its less about hoovering up everything they can and shifting towards securing premium or sought-after content to build the bulk of their service around.

That said, subscription linear programming is on its last legs (thanks in large part to the shift described above) - the only way that it can continue is by running their own services - 3rd party ones simply won’t exist.

I still have it too (HD Platinum), but I’m starting to think a bit the same that its not worth it anymore with all the channels they keep cutting.

I have an iQ4 so I have 4K too, but it’s not the big jump up in picture quality from HD that moving from SD to HD was.

I have Kayo too, I should try watching more football games on my TV via that to see if I’m happy with that and then decide whether to ditch FOXTEL.

1 Like