Foxtel

New Channel on Foxtel Ch 182, Good.

1 Like

It appears to be another kind of happy-clapper religious channel

1 Like

I think it’s just a rebranding of ACCTV (a Christian themed channel) which was already on there.

1 Like

No it’s the rebranding of the old Hillsong Channel.

its a new channel. tbn inspire is the rebrand of hill song

2 Likes

Yes. I know.

A bunch of Foxtel channels seem to have been stuck on this screen for over an hour

It seems to be 108 Fox8, 115 Fox Comedy, 125 Lifestyle Food, 404 Movies Kids, 406 Movies Comedy, 501 Fox Cricket, 507 Fox Sports More based on a quick flip through the channels.

The SD versions of those sports channels (571/577) are working, but not the SD versions of the others.

More than a few people upset on Twitter, especially given Australia is playing a T20 cricket match against Sri Lanka right now.

5 Likes

Not very useful when the web page that it directs to is incorrect as well.

4 Likes

correct. Good is the Old ACC and TBN inspire is the rebranded Hillsong (they changed it after the brian houston saga came out)

Foxtel are now publishing their magazine online

4 Likes

After 23 years my family has cancelled Foxtel. The phone operator got pretty aggressive when we declined the offer of a price reduction to $99 while trying to pitch the “experience of the new iQ4”. I guess nobody told her about the iQ5. When we declined she kept babbling on about why we haven’t “seriously considered this offer” (her exact words) and kept going on about how the iQ4 was so good and how we could use Netflix, ABC iView, Paramount+ etc. etc. and just kept yelling over me. Declined again, she said “ok, your service will be cancelled on the 27th. Bye” and hung up on me.

Interesting customer retention strategy…

That being said, my family won’t miss paying $180 a month for Foxtel. $99 isn’t even a good price when Kayo and Binge replace it for almost $50 combined. Someone needs to tell Foxtel that being able to play Netflix on their box isn’t exactly a unique feature either.

10 Likes

i would guess she would have targets on how people she signed up or kept from cancelling and people cancelling wouldn’t be a good look

2 Likes

Oh absolutely. No doubt they’ve got these targets. I guess they aren’t really trained on where to go in the conversation after the customer declines the first offer? But definitely made it easier to leave after that phone interaction.

nope I would guess they wouldn’t be trained on what to do if a customer declines as Foxtel would only want sign-ups or resubscriptions not cancellations

1 Like

Can’t imagine there’s a whole lot of those these days unfortunately.

I had the exact same type of conversation, with similar things being said. Usually it’d make me very mad to the point of complaining, but knowing its Foxtel, I know there is no point.

2 Likes

I finally convinced my parents to get rid of foxtel after more than 20 years. And they don’t miss it at all. They have access to many streaming services and it was clear that they were paying way too much for fox. They’re retirees and don’t need to be ripped off.

3 Likes

i pay $110 for platinum across two boxes. if it went up more or they lost more channels i’d seriously consider if it was worth it. the only reasons i have it is sport (both me and the wife are big F1 fans, I love cricket and AFL) and kids TV