Foxtel

It’s like any membership or subscription service. I’m away for 2 months and my gym is allowing me to suspend my membership for 2 months. That saves me money as well as adding that two months into the contract period.

4 Likes

It’s $5 a month to suspend service

3 Likes

so i was right :slight_smile:

Jason - I feel like I am in a Seinfeld episode with you and you don’t understand the meaning of the word “suspend”. When I have travelled overseas I have suspended my gym membership at Anytime Fitness with complete ease. HCF is never a problem. As is Lite N’Easy food delivery. Imagine them not delivering food but still paying. NRMA car insurance? Easy.

But Foxtel was so frustrating as to make me hate the company.

Thanks Sifon. I had read that I could suspend the service and that’s why I rang. Foxtel should advise anyone that calls them of the Lifeline phone number. I certainly needed counselling after the call.

4 Likes

Foxtel Celebrates the 50th Anniversary of the Moon Landing

It is 50 years since the Apollo 11 mission launch and man’s first steps on the Moon on July 21, 1969 – a moment that changed history forever. Nearly six hundred million people had their eyes glued to their televisions as astronaut Neil Armstrong was about to make one of mankind’s oldest dreams come true. To mark this golden anniversary, Foxtel will pay tribute on its Movies and Factual channels to the men and women who turned science fiction into science fact in that iconic moment when the phrase “one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind” was uttered.

Throughout July and streaming On Demand, Foxtel will host a slate of new and commemorative factual programming across its HISTORY , Discovery , Discovery Science , National Geographic and BBC Knowledge channels.

Foxtel Movies will also honour one of man’s greatest space achievements with a 50th ANNIVERSARY MOON LANDING MOVIE EVENT featuring First Man , Gravity , Moon , Space Cowboys , Geostorm , The Martian , Europa Report , Sunshine , Apollo 13 , Interstellar , The Right Stuff (1983), 2001: A Space Odyssey , and Solaris (2002). Foxtel Movies subscribers can stream the collection of space exploration movies on FoxFlicks or watch them back to back on Foxtel Movies MORE (410) over the entire weekend from 6am on Saturday July 20.

The month long celebration of the Moon Landing includes HISTORY’s Australian Premiere titles Apollo’s Moon Shot , Battle for the Moon: From Sputnik to Apollo , Moon Landing: World’s Greatest Hoax? , Moon Landing: The Lost Tapes and many more space specials. National Geographic will launch their programming event with the two-hour feature documentary Apollo: Mission to the Moon on July 15 with other titles across the week including The Armstrong Tapes , Apollo 8: The Mission that Changed the World and more.

Discovery Science offers a star-studded array of premieres featuring Apollo: The Forgotten Films (simulcast on Discovery), Return to the Moon: Seconds to Arrival , and Confessions From Space . Also, on the line-up of cosmological content is the premiere series, Truth Behind The Moon Landing , Living Universe and the returning premiere seasons of NASA’s Unexplained Files , UFO’s The Lost Evidence , Strip The Cosmos and How The Universe Works .

More to stream in this July’s extensive Moon Landing line-up also includes acclaimed BBC Knowledge titles Astronauts: Do You Have What it Takes? plus two Professor Brian Cox series, Wonders of the Solar System and Wonders of the Universe .

The 50th ANNIVERSARY MOON LANDING MOVIE EVENT is another ‘epic movie moment’ presented in partnership with Cadbury – the nation’s most loved chocolate brand and official sponsor of Foxtel Movies.

Details of programs

HISTORY Channel Australian Premiere Programming:

Apollo’s Moon Shot
HISTORY
Mondays from July 1 at 8.30pm from and stream On Demand Australian Premiere
This six part series sheds new light on one of the most compelling chapters of the American storybook: Project Apollo told by key astronauts, historians, Smithsonian experts, and one-of- a kind artefacts.

Battle for the Moon: From Sputnik to Apollo
HISTORY
Tuesday July 9 and July 16 at 7.30pm and stream On Demand Australian Premiere
This full archive two-part documentary revisits the space race from the launch of the first Soviet Sputnik in 1957 to the American triumph of the Apollo 11 in 1969.

Apollo’s Daring Mission
HISTORY
Thursday July 11 at 7.30pm and stream On Demand Australian Premiere
We tell the in-depth story of Apollo’s riskiest mission – Apollo 8: a sixteen-week race to beat the Soviets and send three men in a tiny space capsule to, around and back from a moon a quarter of a million miles away all before 1968 came to a close.

Moon Landing: World’s Greatest Hoax?
HISTORY
Thursday July 11 at 9.30pm and stream On Demand Australian Premiere
Featuring interviews with leading experts, conspiracy theorists, archive material and highly detailed reconstructions of the landing, we put this debate to bed once and for all.

When We Were Apollo
HISTORY
Thursday July 18 at 7.30pm Australian Premiere
An intimate and personal look at the Apollo Space Program through the lives and experiences of some of its most inspiring behind-the-scenes figures: engineers, technicians, builders and contractors who spent the better part of a decade working to get us to the moon and back.

The Moon Landing and The Nazis
HISTORY
Thursday July 18 at 9.30pm and stream On Demand Australian Premiere
The fact that Neil Armstrong was the first man to set foot on the moon was also the success of Wernher von Braun and a team of more than 100 NASA technicians and engineers from Germany. But the success story is shrouded in dark shadows – many of the Germans had a Nazi past and were part of the development of the infamous V2 rocket.

Moon Landing: The Lost Tapes
HISTORY
Saturday July 20 at 7.30pm and stream On Demand Australian Premiere
This one hour special mines previously unexplored primary source material: audio interviews with astronauts and engineers locked away in NASA’s vaults, camera reels featuring lunar footage thought to be lost for a generation, and home movies that have gathered dust for decades. By relying on never before seen footage to tell surprising never before heard stories, this documentary takes viewers deep inside man’s voyage to the moon.

National Geographic Australian Premiere Programming:

Apollo: Mission to the Moon
National Geographic
Monday July 15 at 8.30pm and stream On Demand Australian Premiere
Epic two-hour feature documentary showcasing never-before-heard mission recordings, newly transferred footage and rare photographs of all 12 crewed missions to tell the complete story of NASA’s historic Apollo Space program.

The Armstrong Tapes
National Geographic
Watch Tuesday July 16 at 9.30pm and stream On Demand
Australian Premiere
This one-hour documentary provides a personal and in-depth look at Neil Armstrong, the first man on the Moon. Armstrong’s sole authorised biographer, family members and colleagues sit down with National Geographic to reveal an intimate look at one of the world’s greatest and least known heroes.

Apollo: Back to the Moon
National Geographic
Wednesday July 17 at 8.30pm and stream On Demand Australian Premiere
National Geographic re-examines the Apollo 11 mission with a fresh perspective, driven by the production processes and techniques which have, much like space itself, evolved rapidly.

Apollo 8: The Mission that Changed the World
National Geographic
Watch Thursday July 18 at 8.30pm and stream On Demand Australian Premiere
Featuring a new and exclusive interview with Apollo 8 astronaut Bill Anders, who took the historic Earthrise photograph, this stunning archive-driven one-hour documentary tells the incredible story of

Apollo 8 and the environmental campaign that followed.
Rookie Moonshot: Budget Mission to the Moon
National Geographic
Thursday July 18 at 9.30pm and stream On Demand Australian Premiere
The story of SpaceIL, a small company with a dream to develop the first ever private spacecraft to attempt a moon landing.

Discovery Science Australian Premiere Programming:

Apollo: The Forgotten Films
Discovery Science and simulcast on Discovery Sunday July 21 at 8.30pm and stream On Demand Australian Premiere
This two-hour special event features exclusive, never-before-seen footage of the untold story of the famous Apollo 11 mission in provided by NASA by only using the archival footage of the time and transporting viewers back to a time of hope, fear, and ultimately triumph.

Truth Behind The Moon Landing
Discovery Science
Wednesdays from July 3 at 8.30pm and stream On Demand Australian Premiere
Each episode in this five part series is a stand-alone investigation, using science and real- world experiments to bust the most common conspiracy claims about the Apollo 11 mission and the moon landing examining artefacts, meeting with experts, testing evidence and applying scientific reasoning to the most popular conspiracies to set the record straight.

Return to the Moon: Seconds to Arrival
Discovery Science Saturday July 6 at 9.30pm Australian Premiere
In this documentary, engineers count down the final moments in the world’s first ever privately-funded moon mission which took place this year. In what could be one of the greatest milestones in the history of private space travel, or a spectacular failure, it all comes down to sticking the landing.

Confessions from Space Discovery Science Sunday July 28 at 8.30pm Australian Premiere
This intimate hour-long special documents the 115th Annual Explorers Club Dinner, which will host 10 Apollo astronauts and Michael Collins. Secrets will be revealed, as these brave explorers speak candidly about the 50-year celebration of the famous moon landing and give insight to the technology we use daily, the new frontier of privatised space flight, and what this means for the future.

Additional programming as part of the Moon Month on Foxtel:

Tank on the Moon
HISTORY
Sunday July 7 at 12.30am and stream On Demand

Living Universe
Discovery Science
Sunday July 7 at 8.30pm and stream On Demand

The Apollo Experience
HISTORY
Saturday July 13 and July 20 at 12.30am and stream On Demand

Explorer: Journey to Europa
National Geographic
Friday July 19 at 8.30pm and stream On Demand

Mission to Saturn: Inside the Rings and Beyond
National Geographic
Friday July 19 at 9.30pm and stream On Demand

Genius - Space Race - U.S.A Vs U.S.S.R
HISTORY
Friday July 19 at 9.30pm and stream On Demand

Is Anybody Out There?
HISTORY
Saturday July 20 at 1.30am and stream On Demand

The Sky Is Not The Limit: The Chris Hadfield Story
HISTORY
Saturday July 20 at 3.30pm and stream On Demand

Apollo 17: The Untold Story Of The Last Men On The Moon
HISTORY
Saturday July 20 at 8.30pm and stream On Demand

Beyond A Year In Space
HISTORY
Saturday July 20 at 9.30pm and stream On Demand

The V2 Nazi Rocket
HISTORY
Saturday July 20 at 10.30pm and stream On Demand

The Last Man On The Moon
HISTORY
Saturday July 21 at 9.30pm and stream On Demand

2 Likes

Has Foxtel promoted that their magazine is available through Zinio?

https://www.zinio.com/au/foxtel-magazine-m33345

1 Like

My Idea for a Restructured Foxtel and Foxtel Now Pricing Model;

Entertainment SD (Basic Package) $20 per month. This will include ALL standard definition channels from Entertainment, Entertainment Plus, Documentary and Kids Packages.

Entertainment HD Package $20 per month. This will include ALL high definition channels from Entertainment, Entertainment Plus, Documentary Packages and Boxsets and Binge channels from the Drama Package. Plus to access movies and/or sports packages this package must be purchased.

Movies Package $20 per month. This will include Fox Showcase, BBC First and 13th St channels from the Drama Package.

Sports Package (Including 4K Package) $35 per month.

If Movies Package is Purchased your Foxtel will cost $60 per month.
If Sports Package is Purchased your Foxtel will cost $75 per month.
If Movies and Sports Packages is Purchased your Foxtel will cost $95 per month.

New Customer or Existing Customer upgrading to IQ4 Box.

IQ4 Box $10 a month for 24 months or $240 Outwright.
For example if Movies Package is Purchased your Foxtel will cost $70 per month for 24 months with IQ4 Box.

Standard Installation via a Technician $7.50 a month for 24 months or $180 Outwright.
For example if Movies Package is Purchased your Foxtel will cost $77.50 per month for 24 months with IQ4 Box and Standard Installation via a Technician.

1 Like

Are you an undercover Foxtel Employee?

This is basically what the pricing is now and its a joke.

9 Likes

Maybe could Foxtel look at getting ‘Olympic Channel’ as one of its channels in the near future?

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone else experienced this but attempting to tune into 7, 9 and 10 on the iQ3 and iQ4 this morning didn’t work.

It would just show the ABC News channel until about midday when it randomly flicked back to programming? I did test my antenna on my normal TV and it worked completely fine. Other people I spoke to had the same issue.

3 Likes

won;t happen soon - foxtel don’t really add channels users want. there has been a number asking for nasa tv for years with no success

2 Likes

$10 a month for all channels in HD, $12:00 for multi screen on Now. They can overcharge as much as they want for pay-per-view boxing and wrestling.

3 Likes

You can get NASA TV for free online.

In fact, it’s on YouTube…with multiple live streams. It’s pretty cool. The playlist is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2aBZuCeDwlQMf6xMgQAUAY_nbHAgW5jz

The channel itself:

The media stream:

Live camera from the space station:

Foxtel would probably only offer the first stream.

6 Likes

And me asking for Nickelodeon and Disney Channel Both in HD without Success.

That’s not the point. FTA is also free everywhere but having it on Foxtel is something I would say most subscribers would want

The new Foxtel remote:

Replaces the current one for the iQ4k.

10 Likes

theres meant to be a foxtel function/event next week not to sure how big it will be.

theres a lot more information about what’s going on here:

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/9yv0jw83?p=208

1 Like

I don’t know why the Netflix button is there… A while ago they stated Netflix was to be added onto the iQ4, and in May they said it would be in July, but there appears to be nothing after that.
Question: Is Netflix showing up on your iQ4?

https://www.channelnews.com.au/exclusive-foxtel-on-a-roll-netflix-deal-to-be-announced-in-july/

That article says an announcement will be made in July and we’re only half way through that month.

3 Likes