Foxtel Now

##foxtel expands On Demand programming in May

also available to stream via Foxtel Play

This May, Foxtel is adding new episodes to the most recent seasons of a host of popular programming along with a great collection of hit movies to stream instantly via Foxtel On Demand. This month will see more than 11,000 hours of TV and movies, including a library of more than 1,200 movie hits and great classics available, On Demand, as part of a Foxtel subscription^.

New episodes from prison drama Wentworth season 5 and political comedy VEEP season 6, plus Foxtel’s incredibly popular lifestyle show, Selling Houses Australia season 10 will continue to arrive along with the sci-fi adventure, Star Trek Beyond, family favourite, The BFG; and the illusion filled thriller, Now You See Me 2.

Foxtel residential customers with an internet connected Foxtel iQ box can instantly stream any of Foxtel’s incredible On Demand programming as well as record and play back a host of movies and TV to watch when they like. Foxtel streaming service, Foxtel Play, also provides access to Foxtel’s world-leading entertainment live and On Demand starting from only $10 per month.

In addition, Foxtel residential and Foxtel Play customers have access to Foxtel Go, Foxtel’s mobile streaming app, at no extra charge. Foxtel Go enables subscribers to stream TV, live and On Demand, to selected smartphones and tablets, where they want, when they want.

Foxtel’s award winning prison drama Wentworth continues season 5 in May bringing the chaos and conflict of the Wentworth Correctional Centre to viewers’ living rooms. Season 5 has already received wide-spread praise from fans of the series and joins the first four seasons already streaming On Demand.

HBO comedy series VEEP, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus, takes a sharp, satirical look at the insular world of politics following the day-to-day routine of the former Vice-President, and one time President, Selina Meyer. The award winning show continues to add new episodes from season 6 to seasons 1-5 already available.

Selling Houses Australia takes viewers on a real-estate adventure helping vendors sell unsellable homes. Now in its tenth season, this iconic show has seen hosts Andrew Winter, Shaynna Blaze and Charlie Albone successfully makeover and market more than 100 homes.

Also adding new episodes On Demand in May is the breakout reality show, Real Housewives of Sydney; along with the Comedy Channel’s Adam Devine’s House Party (seasons 1-3) and Another Period (seasons 1-2), plus the supernatural thriller Outcast (seasons 1-2) and the alternative-history drama SS-GB (season 1).

Foxtel On Demand’s key movies in May include the hilarious Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie; period comedy drama Florence Foster Jenkins; the continuation of the sci-fi epic movie series, Star Trek Beyond, and more.

Foxtel is home to a massive selection of many of the world’s most popular shows, from our own locally produced hits to must see programs from around the globe.

Foxtel also features the BoxSets and Binge channels, which allow subscribers to watch and record collections and selected series of some of the world’s greatest programs from HBO, the BBC, Warner Bros. and other Hollywood studios.

New TV shows streaming on Foxtel On Demand in May include:
 Wentworth (seasons 1-5) – 5 continues
 VEEP (seasons 1- 6) – 6 continues
 Real Housewives of Sydney (season 1) – continues
 Real Housewives of Atlanta (season 9) – continues
 Detectorists (seasons 1-2)
 Outcast (seasons 1-2) – continues
 Selling Houses Australia (seasons 1-10) continues
 Adam Devine’s House Party (seasons 1-3)
 Another Period (seasons 1-2)
 Top of the Lake (season 1)
 SS-GB (season 1)

New movies streaming on Foxtel On Demand in May include:
 10 Years
 Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie
 Amelie
 Apocalypse Now
 Are We Officially Dating?
 The Aviator
 Bad Moms
 Beverly Hills Ninja
 The BFG
 Braveheart
 Brooklyn’s Finest
 Brothers
 Candy
 Cell
 Death At A Funeral
 Dick Tracy
 Don’t Breathe
 Down Under
 Fantastic Mr. Fox
 Flatliners
 Florence Foster Jenkins
 Forces Of Nature
 Free State Of Jones
 Game Change
 Get Squirrely
 Half Past Dead
 The Heat
 Honey, I Blew Up The Kid
 Honey, I Shrunk The Kids
 Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves
 House Of Sand And Fog
 How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days
 I Hate Valentine’s Day
 I, Robot
 Imperium
 Into The Storm
 It Runs In The Family
 J. Edgar
 The Laramie Project
 Last Days
 Lights Out
 The Lizzie McGuire Movie
 Lock Up
 A Lot Like Love
 The Man Who Knew Infinity
 Mike And Dave Need Wedding Dates
 Monster In Law
 Muppet Treasure Island
 Now You See Me 2
 Planet 51
 Pride And Glory
 The Purge
 Raw Deal
 Red Sonja
 The Rescuers Down Under
 The Rescuers
 Septembers Of Shiraz
 Sing Street
 Sniper: Special Ops
 Spin Out
 Star Trek Beyond
 Surrogates
 Tarzan
 Tarzan & Jane
 Tarzan II
 Tooth Fairy
 Unforgiven
 Waiting…
 Wind Chill
 Wyatt Earp

Here’s the “flick of the switch” in action.

Not surprisingly, it goes from HD to shit. Not sure who to blame there.

2 Likes

you do realise the first clip is from Fox Footy & the second from 7…

Yes, they flicked the switch. Not even a transition.

I dont believe that to be legit as Fox wouldnt not show there logo on their broadcast, nor would any other Network/Channel.

Can confirm this is real.
I’ve seen it happen on my Foxtel Play before.

I’m not sure why Foxtel are required to show the 7 broadcasts on their online streams?
But it definitely does happen.

What a strange setup. I assume there is only one lot of cameras at the ground so the visual feed is identical, it’s just the commentators and graphics that are different? I’d love to know the reason behind this.

Edit: After a brief look around, it looks like Foxtel don’t have the streaming rights, only Seven do, so they get around it by showing Seven’s broadcast. And you’ll only get it HD through Telstra TV, not the apps.

3 Likes

The main reason for all this is the commercials that Foxtel Play must carry from Seven as part of the rights agreement going back from 2012. Obviously, it’s ad free siren to siren on Fox Footy.

As for HD, I should’ve checked last week when Swans v GWS aired on 7HD in Sydney to see if that HD feed carried over to Foxtel Play. Someone in Melbourne or Adelaide can check this as all the Seven games air on on 7HD.

This is what I observed on Foxtel Play for the Collingwood/St Kilda clash a couple of weekends ago:

A blackout message shown on Fox Footy:

And 7mate’s coverage shown on Fox Footy Play+ (in SD) shown in full with Seven’s ads:

they have another channel called fox footy+ and if there is a channel seven game being shown it always has to be shown on that channel with the direct channel 7 broadcast the fox footy is always blacked out especially if the game is on 503. because they don’t like showing afl games that are on 503 on foxtel play

What are they doing?

1 Like

Rather than skimping on what users actually pay for, how about creating a better Foxtel Play app?

One that has a better navigation system and doesn’t mean you have to scroll through dozens upon dozens of episodes to find the one you want to watch. Its bloody annoying. As well as HD On Demand/Anytime. Why is this not standard? And why aren’t we able to pause and rewind live streaming on channels on PS4 and consoles like you can on PC? Surely its not that hard to add that feature.

Also on Foxtel Go, how about adding a feature to allow you to rewind back 10 or 15 seconds on screen like you can on Stan. Its a better way of navigating rather than having to drag the player bar to the exact time which is hard on iPhones. And once again… better episode navigation based on “seasons” and not just list all of them in one hit.

3 Likes

So while Netflix is adding more content for the money you pay, Foxtel is reducing what you get for what you pay ?

2 Likes

Well I never watch any of those channels. :stuck_out_tongue: So no big loss for me, but im sure it will be for others though. I think now the less you get for what you more pay will piss alot of people.

I’m sorry but what Foxtel are doing is outrageous. How can they justify charging the same amount for the various packages when they’re removing two channels from each package + almost all of the ‘bonus’ channels everyone got??

Been a Play subscriber since it launched and it’s extremely disappointing that it’s seemingly going backwards in regards to the channel lineup when they’ve taken steps over the past few years to reduce the disparity between Play and residential subscribers

5 Likes

That’s ridiculous!
My family only subscribes to the Lifestyle package for Lifestyle You.
I enjoy Discovery Science, and we often watch Syfy and MTV Music.

I might consider getting rid of my Foxtel Play when they go ahead with this. Losing a fair chunk of frequently watched channels from my household.

1 Like

It’s measures like this that deter people from renewing their subscriptions or subscribing to Foxtel Play in the first place!
A question: if you subscribe to both Foxtel and Foxtel Play, when these channels are dropped from Foxtel Play on June 5, can you stream these channels yourself from TV to your computer or smartphone?

1 Like

It really doesnt matter what we want, they are dictators. :P[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:77, topic:1930”]
A question: if you subscribe to both Foxtel and Foxtel Play, when these channels are dropped from Foxtel Play on June 5, can you stream these channels yourself from TV to your computer or smartphone?
[/quote]

I think Foxtel Play wasnt mean to replace the cable service they are offering. I still see no problems with what they are doing though. If they want to get rid of channels and leave them for foxtel cable subscriptions it’s their right to do so. Seems to me their decision is based on something we don’t know about.

There’s a suggestion, even in that article above, that they are dropping these channels to make way for more HD streams of the channels that are left. It kind of makes sense - drop a whole bunch now and when they relaunch the brand as Foxtel Now, make HD the selling point.

1 Like

Can get three months of it with the Pop pack (including Sky News channels) for free now - https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/313631