Foxtel Now

The Murdoch empire continues kicking own goals:

Presumably the problem will finally be fixed once Australia gets CBS All Access! :smiling_imp:

Sometimes I have access to the movie and sport channels that I havent subscribed to on both the tv and app. Not sure why. It’s just random.

Yeah I spontaneously get access to every channel pack randomly sometimes for a few weeks then i’ll get a lock symbol … then back to full access. It’s great!

1 Like

wish the same happened with normal foxtel lol

Mine did. Telstra accidentally gave us HD when they changed our modem and we didn’t tell them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Isn’t it called Foxtel Now , now?

Also, who has the streaming rights to The Big Bang Theory S8/9 now that Presto has closed? Is it on Foxtel Now?

You know the answer to your first question is yes & CH9 have rights.

Actually, with all these names, it can get confusing Foxtel GO, Now , Play … I searched this site initially for Foxtel Now and nothing showed up.I’ve only used Foxtel Now once and the first time I every used it I had a website error that involved me having to ring a 13 number go on hold for 10 mins and talk to someone in India and then I ended up cancelling not that long after .

I meant streaming like all episodes available to watch whenever, not streamed then gone after several weeks. Maybe Stan has more of a chance of adding The Big Bang Theory at some point then .

Foxtel Now streams to Apple TV with AirPlay

AirPlay support and HD arrives for iPhones and iPads just in time for the summer streaming season

Foxtel today announced that its Foxtel Now service is now streaming to Apple TV via the popular AirPlay feature. In addition, Foxtel Now is now available to stream in HD on iPads and iPhones. The addition of the highly anticipated features comes just as the summer streaming season is set to take hold and brings another easy to use way to enjoy Foxtel Now live, On Demand and in HD.

From today, Foxtel Now subscribers with an Apple TV can download the Foxtel Now app onto their iPhone or iPad and AirPlay their favourite shows, movies or sports events to the big screen via their Apple TV.

The news follows the recent launch of Foxtel’s own Foxtel Now box; an affordable and easy to use device designed to stream Foxtel Now, and adds to the growing number of ways Foxtel Now subscribers can enjoy the best choice of the world’s biggest new shows, movies, live sport and complete seasons.

The arrival of AirPlay for Foxtel Now subscribers comes as Foxtel reveals a scorching slate of summer hits set to stream in the upcoming weeks, including a 25 Days of Drama special event featuring all the most-watched local and international drama series from the past year on Foxtel; along with a number of new and exclusive dramas already making waves overseas including UK drama, Loves, Lies & Records, US crime drama S.W.A.T., new historical drama Britannia*,* and murder-mystery Mosaic.

Foxtel Now is Foxtel’s SVOD service, offering an affordable and flexible way to sign up and stream Foxtel, instantly, in HD^, live and on demand. Foxtel Now features flexible bundles so customers can sign up to Foxtel’s incredible content with the ability to cancel at any time. Foxtel Now streams via the Foxtel Now Box, PlayStation 4, Telstra TV, Google Chromecast, iOS and Android mobiles and tablets, PC/Mac via the Google Chrome browser and from today, Apple TV via AirPlay.

Additional devices will continue to be updated, until then, other devices, including PlayStation 3, Xbox One and select Smart TVs are able to stream Foxtel content in SD via the Foxtel Play app.

Foxtel Now offers five entry level packs to match viewers’ interests including Drama and Pop packs priced at $15 per month each or $25 for both. Lifestyle, Docos and Kids packs are available at $10 per month each.

Foxtel Now’s Movies pack is available for $20 per month in addition to an entry level pack and the Sports pack is available for an extra $29* per month, meaning Sports lovers can now get access to Foxtel’s incredible sports programming for a little as $39 per month and movies for as little as $30 per month.

Foxtel Now comes with a two-week free trial. For more information visit: www.foxtelnow.com.au

Why can’t they just release an Apple TV app - it would be far better than having to use AirPlay

6 Likes

That’s a bit sneaky. I’ve been contemplating buying a Foxtel Now box, or at Chromecast because Im getting sick of watching stuff on my iPad. Now with this news I don’t have to buy a thing. I wonder if they’ve been holding out on this to give the Now box the best start possible.

Closed captioning for Foxtel Now

Closed Captions arrive for iPads, iPhones and Chrome and Safari browsers

Foxtel today took another step towards making its incredible content more accessible to Australians by expanding Closed Captions to its streamed entertainment service, Foxtel Now.

Closed Captions are now available on selected programming to customers streaming Foxtel Now, live and On Demand, to PCs and Macs using the Chrome and Safari browsers as well as to iPads and iPhones. More devices are set to be up and running with Closed Captions in the coming months as Foxtel continues its drive to broaden accessibility of its streamed content.

Foxtel has a long-standing commitment to Closed Captioning and has grown the amount of broadcast content that is captioned through its broadcast service through the launch of additional captioned channels and increases in the amount of content that is captioned on those channels.

Foxtel CEO Peter Tonagh said, “The launch of Foxtel Now made Foxtel available to more Australians than ever, but it’s equally important to make Foxtel more accessible to the thousands of Australians who are hearing impaired. While we’re proud of our history of bringing Closed Captions to our cable and satellite subscribers, we recognise the need to offer captioning across all of our platforms.

“Today’s move is the next step in a much larger journey to offer inclusion and accessibility for as many Australians as possible.”

Foxtel continuously strives to improve its captioning levels above and beyond regulatory requirements and during FY 2017, its broadcast channels captioned 21 percent above their targets offering hundreds of thousands of hours of Closed Captioned programs on more than 72 linear channels.

I saw a foxtel now promo on Ten last night, it showed new and returning shows and included some footage of Modern Family - wonder if this is a hint that they’ve picked it up now that Ten no longer have the rights?

I thought the same thing.

The 30 min delay watching Foxtel Now via Chromecast is still happening. It is more convenient to use Foxtel Now on my mobile phone and Chromecast it to the television, but the delay has caused me to use my laptop instead and plug it into the television using HDMI. I’ve seen plenty of complaints about the delay on the Foxtel forums, but Foxtel has done nothing to resolve the issue.

1 Like

Foxtel and JB Hi-Fi bring the Foxtel Now box to stores nationally

Foxtel’s new streaming device makes its retail debut bringing customers a simple way to stream Foxtel Now to their TV

Foxtel today announced that its recently launched Foxtel Now box is expanding its availability as it hits JB Hi-Fi stores nationwide. With over 190 JB Hi-Fi stores nationally, it is now easier than ever to pick up Foxtel’s affordable and easy to use streaming device, which offers a flexible way to enjoy the best streamed entertainment from Foxtel. The Foxtel Now box is now available at JB Hi-Fi stores or online at www.jbhifi.com.au for $99.

The news comes as a host of new drama is set to air from Hollywood heavyweights HBO and FX plus Foxtel’s own original series starting with the return season of hit zombie drama The Walking Dead on 26 February, followed in March by the sixth season of The Americans. April brings viewers the highly anticipated second season of sci-fi epic Westworld along with Into the Badlands. Foxtel’s upcoming Picnic at Hanging Rock and season six of prison drama Wentworth follow soon after. Foxtel Now subscribers can enjoy the latest episodes and catch up on past full seasons On Demand.

Foxtel Now also gives sports fans instant access to an incredible line up of local and international sports including every game of the NRL, AFL, WAFL, F1, V8s, A-League, Super Rugby and more, live, ad-break free and in HD.

The Foxtel Now box, is a simple plug-and-play device that provides access to Foxtel Now in HD^ along with free-to-air channels via a built-in free-to-air tuner#. It also includes access to SVOD app Stan** as well as free-to-air streaming apps, ABC iview, PLUS7 and tenplay.

The box features built-in Chromecast functionality allowing viewers to ‘cast’ movies, music and photos from Android or iOS mobile devices, PCs or Macs straight to their TV. The Foxtel Now box offers customers access to a world of content, games, music and apps from the Google Play store as well as the ability to stream at 4K quality with compatible apps.

Andy Lark, Foxtel CMO, said, “We were thrilled to bring subscribers a new way to stream Foxtel Now when we launched our Foxtel Now box late last year as part of our efforts to make accessing our award-winning streamed content smoother than ever. Today we’re also making getting your hands on a Foxtel Now box even easier and we are excited to see it hit the shelves at one of Australia’s premier lifestyle electronics retailers, JB H-Fi.”

Foxtel Now is Foxtel’s SVOD service, offering an affordable and flexible way to sign up and stream Foxtel, instantly, in HD^, live and on demand. Foxtel Now features flexible bundles so customers can sign up to Foxtel’s incredible content with the ability to cancel at any time.

Foxtel Now offers five entry level packs to match viewers’ interests including Drama and Pop packs priced at $15 per month each or $25 for both. Lifestyle, Docos and Kids packs are available at $10 per month each.

Foxtel Now’s Movies pack is available for $20 per month in addition to an entry level pack and the Sports pack is available for an extra $29* per month, meaning Sports lovers can now get access to Foxtel’s incredible sports programming for a little as $39 per month and movies for as little as $30 per month.

Foxtel Now comes with a two-week free trial. For more information visit: www.foxtelnow.com.au

The Foxtel Now box is also available directly from Foxtel at www.foxtelnow.com.au or via Foxtel’s eBay store for $99.

The Foxtel Now box requires internet and Foxtel Now subscription to access Foxtel programming. Data charges may apply. Australia only.
^Not all services/programs available in HD. HD not available on Android mobile/tablet.
*A 1c per service per year charge applies for Chelsea TV, MUTV and LFCTV.
** Stan subscription required.
#Requires free-to-air aerial connected to the Foxtel Now box.

I migrated to foxtel now after cord cutting and getting rid of the expensive cable offering. The box is a little buggy at times but it’s not bad. Don’t really need IQ when you have on demand to catch up on missed episodes.

I can’t seem to access the plus7 app. Is that a new addition?

I also fail to see why Netflix can’t chromecast. Would save me flicking to Apple TV to watch Netflix.

I tried downloading 7plus to my ipad a few days ago.

It won’t load on older versions of IOS v10.1 or later.
So I tried to update my ipad but it tells me I have version 9.3.5 which is the “current version”.

I then discovered that you won’t be able to update the older ipads to v10.1 or beyond. It’s all part of the scam to make you buy a new ipad.

All my other apps still work but no 7plus for me.

For those who aren’t aware, because I’m pretty sure I got no warning of this, but I think Foxtel Now users have access to the sports channels. Don’t when from don’t know when to, but they’re here now.

Edit: okay turns out it was only until Wednesday morning.

Sports seems to be unlocked again for non sports subscribers. Or maybe it’s just me and I’m having a recurring problem with my account.

1 Like