Foxtel Now

After they fleece me an extra four bucks a month for sport?

They really like to take the piss sometimes

The rumour is from a post on Whirlpool lol.

the username that wrote it (kingsr the whirlpool username is) apparently has contacts that work at foxtel. so thats how it came about

Foxtel Play named Best Streaming Video On Demand Provider

Foxtel today announced that Foxtel Play has picked up the gong for Best Streaming Video on Demand Provider at the inaugural CommsDay Edison Awards.

The category was open to companies who provide streaming video services, both free and via subscription, and Foxtel Play’s win recognised it as the best in class among a host of industry peers.

Deanne Weir, Foxtel’s Managing Director - Content Aggregation and Wholesale, said, “We are delighted that Foxtel Play has been recognised as the Best Streaming Video on Demand Provider at the CommsDay Edison Awards. Foxtel Play has continued to gain incredible momentum with Australian subscribers, and last night’s win is testament to all of the effort the team has put behind this great service.

To be fair, it was only Foxtel and Optus who were nominated in that category.

Are there any shows on Foxtel Play that are available in a collection to stream that aren’t on Stan or Netflix?

Not sure if it is older stuff or newer. ?

It soon will be seeing though Netflix are deleting 455 movies/TV series from their library in April.

Huh? According to whom

and

Hey does anyone here know if footy play is still retransmitting channel 7 afl coverage for the 2017 rights agreement

Seems like it seeing Footy Play+ is advertising it’s showing the Carlton v Richmond game

Now with Foxtel Play on Telstra TV available in HD, in theory, Melbourne and Adelaide viewers should’ve got last night’s game in HD via 7HD on Foxtel Play via Telstra TV. I suspect this didn’t happen.

I might be misunderstanding your premise, but I didn’t think any Foxtel Play or Go app carried free to air channels? Or is that why it didn’t happen?

they dont.

1 Like

No but Foxtel Play and Go are forced to carry a direct rebroadcast of Seven produced AFL games including all their ads.

1 Like

I would presume that’s because of Internet rights but I’m confused why footy play shows 7s half time show instead of fox footy half time show

I was just alerted to the fact that as of a couple of weeks ago, Foxtel Play swaps between devices have increased from 1 to 9 per month, with unlimited coming soon. Would have been nice if they alerted me instead of finding out by accident, so now you know. That being said, there’s still no way to watch Foxtel Play on my actual TV, but I guess it’s a step in the right direction.

2 Likes

Interesting … something better what we have now.

As for changing devices per month from 1 to 9 has that happened? Sweet… I watch foxtel play on many devices, at the moment I can only have it on my mac mini and Surface Pro. Would be nice to have it on a box in the lounge :stuck_out_tongue:

Ask and I shall receive. (Well, at least by the end of the year.)