Foxtel 4K

Nope. Disappointing when they’re trying to push viewers to 4K for every AFL game that they still only have that graphic on the non-4K channels.

1 Like

On 593. Right logos. No score. Which is a slight improvement on the handful of occasions last year where they put the graphic up on a 4K channel with wrong logos and occasionally a nonsense score. However, this and the graphic on 503 are incorrectly stating GWS V ADE is on 503…it’s actually on 504/592.

No graphic on 593 but there is on 503. And the 592 graphic disappeared while I was writing this.

2 Likes

Isn’t it just a simulcast of Seven? So do Seven provide a different feed of their own graphic templates for them to control? I knew it was a relatively clean feed, as watermarks are added at playout, but always thought the audio and graphics were in-program as part of the feed?

Blank Adelaide vs GWS comes up a lot even when they’re not playing.

2 Likes

I was referring to the Bottom-right graphic which is added on by Fox. Apologies, I should have been clearer in my description.

The main scoreboard, stats etc graphics are indeed put on at the OB and carried by both broadcasters.

2 Likes

Whoops, I’m sorry too! :joy:

2 Likes

There is a new channel showing up: 595 on the IQ5 which is another IP delivered 4k channel :slight_smile: Looks like its being used for the Aus F1 GP 4k broadcast this weekend so it may disappear after this weekend but we shall see :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Masters golf tournament happens next week, so channel 595 may be used to show it in 4K (while the other four channels are reserved for NRL and AFL broadcasts).

3 Likes

Also appears on satellite IQ4

4 Likes

Some netball on 595 tomorrow (Saturday) with NRL on 591, AFL on 592 and 593, and F1 on 594.

3 Likes

Can someone explain whether or not there is any truth to the rumour that the Foxtel 4k channels are going to be streaming only from now on?

You need to have an internet connection to access the 4K channels for the sports content since March last year.

But are they streaming only? Or do you only need the Internet connection for them to work but they are still broadcast via sat.

Streaming only now. There is a noticable delay of 5-10 seconds compared to the HD channels.

3 Likes

I just double checked my IQ5 this evening - I am still on satellite and nothing has changed for my 4k sports channels (as yet?)…

591 & 592 are still being broadcast via the satellite dish and 593, 594 & 595 are via IP only.

I hope it doesn’t change to all IP only :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Just got an iQ5 - do these channels just show up when something is being shown in UHD or do I need to do something in setup? Thanks legends.

1 Like

They’re hidden from the TV guide (outside Movies UHD on 400), Foxtel want you to select from a pop up when you start watching on a HD channel. You can get to the channels by keying in 591-595 if you want to see a nothing’s on animation.

There’s a row under the Sport section of the home screen which shows what’s scheduled* in Ultra HD for the week or so ahead.

(* They’re not always reliable in uploading events early.)

3 Likes

A lot of times the pop-up will keep apairing until you make a selection and on top of that it will come up a lot of the time when the 4k program has ended. So it’s not such a great thing at the moment. I think.

4 Likes

thanks guys

3 Likes

I just got an iQ4.

Tried to get a free upgrade to iQ5 from iQ3 as I’ve been a customer since 2008, but they were only willing to give me an iQ4.

I have it going now, disappointed that the only 4K content on now is 4K Movies (Ch 400).

I thought there might have been the option to stream an NRL or AFL replay in 4K or have other on demand 4K content over the internet but i couldn’t find anything else to watch in 4K.

2 Likes