FOX8

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

They did this for Money In The Bank last month to.

Im a big WWE Fan so this has been a cool move from Foxtel, this is how it should always be though…

1 Like

FOXTEL COMMISSIONS REBOOT OF ROCKWIZ

New season of the music quiz show will premiere on FOXTEL in 2023

FOXTEL today announced Australia’s original music trivia show ROCKWIZ will return to television in 2023 featuring multi-talented host Julia Zemiro, supreme music aficionado and comedian Brian Nankervis, human scoreboard Dugald, and a new look RocKwiz Orkestra.

Following a six-year hiatus from Australian television the RocKwiz crew will once again bring their unique blend of trivia, comedy and live music to Australian screens with a fresh remix including new RocKwiz Orkestra, new look set and a shorter 30-minute format filmed in front of a live studio audience.

The new RocKwiz Orkestra will feature Peter Luscombe (Musical Director and drums), Clio Renner (keyboard and backing vocals), Bill McDonald (bass guitar), and Olympia (lead guitar and backing vocals).

Following the typical format, each episode will see RocKwiz hosts and Orkestra joined by contestants and two surprise musical guests who will each perform solo before finishing the episode in a duet, offering fans a truly unique musical experience.

Marshall Heald, Executive Director of Entertainment at the Foxtel Group said: “RocKwiz offers a clever combination of music trivia, comedy and live music that is inherent to its broad and long-lasting appeal. We are thrilled to be working with the team at Renegade to bring this beloved format back to Australian screens.”

Co-host Julia Zemiro said: “It’s not often you get a second bite at the cherry. RocKwiz hasn’t been on TV in a long time, but we will be back on screens to celebrate our music genius contestants.

“I can’t wait to welcome back new and established musicians to join in the quiz and surprise us with an unexpected duet.”

Co-creator and co-host Brian Nankervis said: “We’re delighted to be making brand new episodes of RocKwiz because we miss the excitement, the challenge and the sheer joy of recording new episodes. We’ve spent the last six years touring our live show and we’ve maintained and sharpened our skills, developed as performers and discovered fresh musical talent that we can’t wait to bring to our viewers.

“As always our musical guests will be a wonderful mixture of household names and exciting up and coming artists and our contestants will demonstrate staggering levels of knowledge.”

RocKwiz will add locally commissioned content to the diverse slate of licensed entertainment, animated and comedy content available on FOX8 including Superman & Lois, Pennyworth, Harley Quinn, Last Week Tonight, Young Rock, Taskmaster and Saturday Night Live.

RocKwiz will premiere on FOX8 in 2023 and will be available On Demand on FOXTEL.

4 Likes

Why do we need to have these “reboots”? Leave these shows in the past where they belong.

Have we run out of unique show ideas?

4 Likes

This is fantastic news. Love RocKwiz!!

2 Likes

Who’d have thought Rockwiz would end up on the Simpsons and WWE channel?

3 Likes

Are foxtel moving the wwe content to a new channel under the new rights deal?

If so there will be some gaps that need filling!

1 Like

not all of it. from my reading of the press release Smackdown and Raw will remain on Fox8

from here

WWE will be available to all Foxtel subscribers on both the FOX8 channel and on a new, dedicated 24/7 WWE channel to launch from December 2022.

this may be because they don’t want to opt out of the supplied feed for the network (which i assume is the 24 hour channel) to show raw and smackdown on the wwe channel (due to rights issues in the USA the network does not show this live - IIRC they don’t put it up for on-demand until 28 days post broadcast)

1 Like

Foxtel’s access to The Simpsons expires after December 31st - FOX8 are having a 25-day Simpsons marathon to celebrate

2 Likes

So no more Simpsons from 2023-? Sad. I assume this includes Family Guy etc. and Seven also loses rights?

Ah, it was right. I mentioned this a year ago. I’d read it in an article that appeared dodgy but obviously was correct.

1 Like

The Simpsons has been a mainstay of FOX8’s line-up since its inception. It’s going to be hard for the channel to find a replacement.

11 Likes

It’s been years since I’ve even watched Foxtel, but still WOW an end of an era.

Fond memories of watching the super Saturday and Sunday (9am till midday) screenings of episodes, and then those occasions where they’d play Simpsons episodes every day for 2 weeks (school holidays, when the Sydney Olympics was on etc).

There was a point in time where I would use those screenings to catch up on blocks of episodes of the show I had not seen previously (watched the show growing up, but fell away throughout various points. Even now I’ve missed about the last 15/16 seasons worth).

A business decision but its still a shame that they’re taking away one avenue to watch the show in order to get more eyes on their own subscription service (fair enough I guess).

9 Likes