The Simpsons

That story is from years ago.

2 Likes

Seven have confirmed that Disney+ had acquired exclusive rights to new episodes of The Simpsons, starting with season 33 which will premiere here on December 1, two months after the US.

11 Likes

Eventually Simpsons will be gone off FTA.

4 Likes

Except repeats which would do decent business you’d think.

4 Likes

I wonder if the same will happen with Family Guy , American Dad and Bob’s Burgers.

I think the first 2 premiere on 7 first , not sure about Bob’s … doesn’t Fox8 show it first?

2 Likes

I’m not so sure.

I’ve read that Foxtel’s contract for The Simpsons and the rest of the animations ends December 2022 and that Disney will not renew it.

With that in mind I’m sure they’ll also strip Seven of the programs too. Especially when The Simpsons only airs 4 episodes a week on 7Flix at 7pm.

It’s become clear Disney want all their content on Disney Plus only. It’s only a matter of time where you’ll only be able to see Disney and Fox content on Disney Plus.

1 Like

Seven’s reign of terror is over.

I’d be very surprised if that was the business plan. Disney would go broke.

1 Like

Of course it’s the plan.

There’s hardly anything on FTA from Disney anymore.

You won’t see any of the Santa Clause movies this year on FTA for example.

2 Likes

That’s really interesting to hear. I wonder if this could be part of the reason FOX8 has really cut back on their animation content over recent months, and has become the Police Ten 7, Highway Patrol, and Border Security channel of late, and really cutting back on the animated shows it was once known for.

1 Like

You see HEAPS of Bobs Burgers syndicated these days instead of The Simpsons too, being still owned by Fox and not Disney, makes a lot of sense. Expect that to be become the new Simpsons for repeats.

1 Like

Good news for viewers. Finally just having it all on Disney+.

2 Likes

And not having to wait like 9 months for the new seasons.

1 Like

The Simpsons on FTA: 1991-2021.

4 Likes

New Bob’s Burgers is already on Disney+ weekly.

American Dad and Family Guy appeared on Disney a week after 7 so I assume new episodes will go to Disney also as 7 have abandoned premier timeslots for them off 7 mate

4 Likes

Advantage of Disney+ is that you can have Simpsons on at 6PM every night now!

7 Likes

I guess this why Seven didn’t fast track the current season - they hadn’t acquired the rights.

1 Like

Just in regards to The Simpsons season 33 debuting tomorrow, I’m assuming they’ll drop season 32 also?

3 Likes

My bet is that once the contract for animations comes around, Disney will not renew it and the animation repeats will all go off FTA.

I think so.

1 Like

Hopefully the only two of FOX’s animated series not on Disney+ (King of the Hill and The Great North) will pop up on there soon!

2 Likes

Would love KOTH to show up on a serivce.

3 Likes