New Zealand TV

Wonder who will be the host. Maybe Mark or Clint as he has no shows this year.

4 Likes

Three have got a Christmas watermark.

3 Likes

TVNZ have brought back there summer icons

4 Likes

Ahh, so it says that below the logo! You have to get that close to the TV to figure out what the spots are, I couldn’t read the banner at all, I assumed it said Merry Christmas… and that’s in HD! (42-inch Bravia). Doesn’t translate very well to the end-user, I think, but at least the fairly lights don’t blink!

TVNZ’s ones look clunky too, I think, particularly when the bug animates… I’d have the Rata/Pohutukawa stay static and fade out, but that’s just me.

3 Likes

TVNZ 1 running 5 minutes late this evening - 1 News finished at 7:05 which pushed back Country calendar 5 minutes

1 Like

Just looking at the Sky guide and it’s not on Sky5 anymore, either - when did that stop? They used to run about six or seven episodes a day, back in the SKY 1/Box days.

1 Like

I think around a year ago? Maybe longer.

3 Likes

The 30th anniversary season of Shortland Street wraps up tomorrow with a season finale cliffhanger.

Looks like the NZ Fire and Emergency team will be proud sponsors for a one off episode with the theme is likely a fire surrounded Ferndale and the hospital.

2 Likes

Would have to guess the fire plays a big role based on the promos that have been playing for the last week. Should be a good finale for those who watch the series.

3 Likes

The Herald reporting TVNZ is poised to purchase Spark Sport.

My understanding is that WBD were also approached.

7 Likes

I wonder if Sky were as well…

Possibly, although I’m not sure it would have got past the Commerce Commission

2 Likes

Any threat TVNZ would start putting their movies/shows behind a Spark Sport paywall?

The Freeview NZ App is finally expanding to more devices albeit at a slow rate;

1 Like

Three will show the second Lego Masters Australia Bricksmas Special on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at 7pm. This year’s special featured children’s entertainer Emma Watkins, actor Lincoln Lewis, The Block Australia judge Darren Palmer and chef and author Poh Ling Yeow.

TVNZ will air season 6 of The Amazing Race Australia at 7.30pm weeknights from Tuesday, December 27. Hosted again by Beau Ryan, there would be 20 teams of two divided into two groups, with ten teams starting in Melbourne and other ten starting in Sydney. The teams left after the first leg would meet up in Morocco at the start of the 2nd leg. They would all compete for A$250,000 in prizemoney and two Isuzu SUVs.

Here is one of the Australian promos for The Amazing Race Australia.

3 Likes

Little heads up @JohnsonTV, both of Lego Masters’ specials will be aired on Three. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Now all confirmed- TVNZ to take over NZCricket properties from next summer and likely Spark’s other sports too.

4 Likes

@OnAir whats the go here? Spark had enough?

2 Likes

TVNZ Sport is back?

2 Likes

Yep, pretty much

3 Likes