Fox Sports

Yes the live streaming is only limited to digital subscribers, but it opens up to a wider audience.

1 Like

The 2020 Masters Tournament

• DEDICATED MASTERS CHANNEL AVAILABLE FROM MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9

• WATCH ON FOXTEL, STREAM ON KAYO

• EVERY ROUND OF THE 2020 MASTERS LIVE AND AD-BREAK FREE

• AMEN CORNER TO BE BROADCAST IN 4K ON FOX SPORTS ULTRA HD

The holy grail of golf, THE 2020 MASTERS TOURNAMENT at the famed Augusta National Golf Club, will be LIVE and ad-break free on a dedicated Masters channel on FOXTEL and Kayo from Friday, November 13.

The 84th edition of the tournament will also feature select tournament holes in 4K on FOX SPORTS Ultra HD channel (channel 508).

FOX SPORTS 503 will become a dedicated 24-hour channel tomorrow – Monday, November 9 from 10.30am, providing an immersive destination for fans ahead of the tournament.

LIVE daily coverage of The 2020 Masters will begin from 5.00am on Friday, November 13. Coverage will continue across the weekend with LIVE final round coverage on Monday, November 16 from 2.00am.

Viewers will also be treated to special coverage of the legendary Amen Corner, comprising the 11th, 12th and 13th holes, to be broadcast in 4K on FOX SPORTS Ultra HD. Beginning with the first round on Friday, November 13, the Amen Corner camera will follow every group as they play these three holes across the tournament.

The tournament will host a stellar field of competitors, including five-time Masters champion and defending champion Tiger Woods , World Number 1 Dustin Johnson , 2020 US Open champion Bryson DeChambeau , as well as rising star and 2020 PGA Championship winner Collin Morikawa.

Leading the Australian charge will be Adam Scott who won The Masters tournament in 2013, alongside Jason Day, Marc Leishman and Cameron Smith.

THE 2020 MASTERS – FOX SPORTS 503 BROADCAST COVERAGE

• MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9: Dedicated channel switches on 10.30am

• FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13: Round One LIVE from 5.00am – 9.30am

• SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 14: Round Two LIVE from 5.00am – 9.30am

• SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15: Round Three LIVE from 5.00am – 9.00am

• MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16: Final Round LIVE from 2.00am – 7.00am

THE 2020 MASTERS – FOX SPORTS 4K ULTRA HD COVERAGE OF AMEN CORNER

• THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 12: Round One LIVE from 11.30pm – 8.15am

• FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13 : Round Two LIVE from 11.30pm – 8.15am

• SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15: Round Three LIVE from 2.10am – 7.45am

• MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16: Final Round LIVE from 12.10am – 5.30am

Times are approximate and will depend on tee times, field size and pace of play. Start times may vary by over an hour from the times listed.

Losing both French Open and Wimbledon to Nine/Stan Sport from next year must be a big blow to Fox Sports, as the two tournaments are big drawcards for viewers during winter. Having said that, it means the schedule clash on Friday and Saturday nights (when Fox Sports have three sports channels to cover multiple sports live) will be less likely to occur.

1 Like

They’re going to be losing a lot of these second-tier sports if Stan Sport goes on a buying spree.

1 Like

Has there ever been the situation where they couldn’t show a sport live as they didn’t have enough channels?

1 Like

It has happened a couple of times before, even when Fox Sports News was used and the Red Button option was available. There was a time when Fox Sports was showing live AFL, NRL, A-League, Super Rugby, cricket, tennis, golf, F1 qualifying and MotoGP qualifying on the same night.

2 Likes

“The Grantee will prepare a ‘Re-establishment and Acceleration Plan’ for 2020-21 and provide the proposed … Plan to the Commonwealth,” emails from inside the department to Communications Department assistant secretary Mike Makin reveal.

“The form and structure of the ‘Re-establishment and Acceleration Plan’ will be a matter for the Grantee.”

Emails suggest what is required, such as the need to list the sports Foxtel pays for and plays, but no actual plan has been written down, and Foxtel will not need to hand one in until next year.

Foxtel denies that variations to the contract, revealed in the FOI documents, let it write its own rules.

“These are contained in the Grant Agreement. We determine the form and structure of the report (i.e. there is no template),” Foxtel chief communications officer Paul Edwards wrote in response to questions.

No surprises there really.

On one hand, I find this hard to believe as people seem more likely to install an app for news versus going to a website. On the other hand, the Fox Sports app is still build based on an iPhone 6 screensize, so maybe people preferred the fullscreen website?

It is also dumb of them to have individual apps for certain sports. No other major sports network does that to my knowledge.

It’ll be a shame if this does happen as push alerts from their apps are the main way I get Aussie sports news and score updates. Way easier than browsing the app and you find out about breaking news immediately. I guess Fox Sports don’t care about getting views on big news items.

2 Likes

People have apps but often only see the alerts. A content based app is outdated, clunky to Uodate the back end of and not how people consume mobile news mostly. (Biggest traffic driver is Facebook in some news topics)

They decimated their newsroom and are now going down the sole click bait route. They’ll get clicks just fine, but not from an app.

1 Like

I’ve seen lots of data that shows people go to mobile versions of web sites more than apps. Apps sit there unopened

I know my own behavior matches this

I often go to cnn, news.com.au. SMH.com.au etc - but I BNEVER open the apps

2 Likes

Footy gone…

League still alive…for now.

Cricket not available to download on Google Play.

2 Likes

Fox Cricket is gone.

Damn. Can anyone recommend apps where I can get news headlines pushed to me for Aussie sport? I guess I’ll use Cricinfo for cricket scores and the NRL and AFL apps for push scores.

2 Likes

Supercars today announced the draft 2021 calendar, which include 12 events from February to December. The season begins at Bathurst at the end of February with new event Mount Panorama 500 and returns to the circuit in October for the traditional Bathurst 1000, with the finale on Gold Coast in early December. There is a planned six-week break around the Tokyo Olympics.

It also revealed Newcastle would host the season opener in 2022.

Fox Sports will show every Supercars event including qualifying and races.

1 Like

2021 WSL Championship Tour to kick off on Foxtel and Kayo this weekend

The WSL Championship Tour will continue to be broadcast by Fox Sports Australia after a new deal will see the extension of the partnership between the two organisations

In only two days the world surf League’s historical 2021 Championship Tour will commence in Maui Hawaii and for a 12th consecutive year, all the action will be available on Fox Sports, where viewers can watch on Foxtel and stream on Kayo.

“After a year without Championship Tour competition the WSL is excited to finally be on the eve of the 2021 season and we welcome our continued support of the Foxtel Group,” said WSL Asia Pacific General Manager Andrew Stark. “It’s been a long and successful partnership between WSL and Fox Sports, and we can’t wait to continue it in 2021. This year is set to be one of the most exciting in the sports history and it will be seen by more Australian’s than ever through our broadcast partners.”

All stops of the elite Championship Tour (including recap shows) along with the Challenger Series, WSL owned Qualifying Series events and the World Junior Championship will be broadcast on Fox Sports in 2021.

“We have been showcasing Live surfing on Fox Sports since 2009 and highlights packages for even longer, so we’re excited to be continuing what has been a long and successful relationship as we follow the journeys of Australia’s best surfers on the world stage,” said Fox Sports Director of Acquisitions and Sports Partnerships, Rebecca McCloy.

“Showcasing the WSL only strengthens our sports offering for Foxtel and Kayo subscribers where Surfing sits alongside the best sporting codes in both Australia and from around the globe.”

The 2021 WSL Championship Tour will commence this Saturday December 5 with the opening day of the Maui Pro presented by Roxy and continue next week with the opening event of the men’s Championship Tour, The Billabong Pipe Masters presented by Hydro Flask with both events being broadcast live on Foxtel and Kayo.

they have also used main event to show things normally on fox (and did not charge for it)

Has there been any word as to whether Kayo is still going to undergo a slight restructure and allow viewers to watch some sports but block out others?

RIP Australian Rugby on Fox Sports

There was a nice little montage at the end of last night’s broadcast.

6 Likes