Fox Sports

For those who like to know channel numbers this is already on beIN sports FAQs.
beIN SPORTS 1 – channel 513
beIN SPORTS 2 – channel 514
beIN SPORTS 3 – channel 515

2 Likes

Fetch TV will get beIN Sports 1. Assume the new channels are under a ‘exclusively’ deal with Foxtel for a period of time.

Think what this announcement does is significantly reduce the churn that Foxtel will see after the current EPL season ends in mid-May. The extra football content will probably be enough for most people who were considering dropping Foxtel to stay or at least seriously re-consider.

might be - don’t see anything else they could add - just going to text and see if he will tell me anything else

Plus all European Rugby Tests

FOX SPORTS SWITCHES ON WORLD FIRST WITH DEDICATED 2016 US MASTERS CHANNEL
24/7 DEDICATED MASTERS CHANNEL LAUNCHES MONDAY 4 APRIL

161 HOURS OF CONTENT HIGHLIGHTED BY LIVE COVERAGE OF ALL FOUR MATCH DAYS

BRETT OGLE, PAUL GOW AND TIM SHERIDAN HOSTING FROM LOCATION

In a world first, FOX SPORTS will launch a dedicated golf channel providing 24/7 Masters content beginning this Monday (April 4) and running through to the conclusion of live play on April 11.

FOX SPORTS 506 will become home to golf’s most prestigious event delivering Australian viewers with the world’s most comprehensive coverage as they cheer on Aussie stars, world no 1 Jason Day and 2013 Masters winner, world no 6, Adam Scott.

Fans will once again be able to watch every round LIVE and in HIGH DEFINITION including EXCLUSIVE bonus coverage available only to Foxtel sports subscribers from Friday (April 8).
Bonus US Masters content, available via the Foxtel remote red button, will include a featured group each day, LIVE feeds from Holes 15 and 16 as well as the famed ‘Amen Corner’.

FOX SPORTS will broadcast the daily ‘On the Range’ practice session at 1.00am as well as an additional two hours of LIVE coverage recapping the day’s action following each round, exclusive to Australian viewers.
LIVE action begins on Thursday (April 7) at 5.00am with the traditional Par-3 contest before the showpiece event tees off the following day.

Tim Sheridan will host FOX SPORTS’ LIVE coverage from Augusta alongside two-time PGA Tour winner Brett Ogle, with former PGA Tour player Paul Gow camped outside the clubhouse interviewing players after their round.
Fans can warm up to the live play by reliving some of the Masters most memorable final rounds over the last 30 years, including Jack Nicklaus’ 1986 victory, to became the oldest ever Masters winner, to when Greg Norman lost a 6 shot lead on the final day in 1996.

FOX SPORTS CEO, Patrick Delany, said: “The Masters is one of the most loved events on the sporting calendar. With Australia boasting two title favourites in Day and Scott, never before has there been so much interest and anticipation for the action to get underway. It’s set to be one of the most exciting on record and Aussie fans can get right behind their heroes with FOX SPORTS delivering its biggest and most comprehensive coverage on a Masters channel that doesn’t switch off.”

I get the US Masters is a big tournament but a 24hr channel for an entire week is overkill. Maybe they are testing the waters for a 24hr golf channel in the future perhaps.

With an NRL channel starting next year(?) it will be interesting to see if there is some greater alignment on content with specific channels (Motorsport seems to be at home on 506 normally)

The NRL Channel will be on 516 after the beIN Sports channels

Doubt it. It makes logical sense for the Fox Sports channels to stay together at the top of the Sports EPG & there’s available slots to enable that to happen

Channel numbers after 15 May

500 - Fox Sports News HD
501 - Fox Sports 1 HD
502 - Fox Sports 2 HD
503 - Fox Sports 3 HD
504 - Fox Footy HD
505 - Fox Sports 4 HD
506 - Fox Sports 5 HD
507 - Fox Sports Plus
508 - ESPN HD
509 - ESPN2 HD
511 - Eurosports HD
512 - Eurosport News
513 - beIN Sports 1 HD
514 - beIN Sports 2 HD
515 - beIN Sports 3 HD
519 - Sky Racing 1
520 - Sky Racing 2
521 - Sky Thoroughbred Central HD
522 - RACING.COM

The new NRL channel could be on Channel 508 with ESPN swapping to Channel 509 and ESPN2 to Channel 510.

Realistically, wouldn’t they be most likely to put any NRL channel (perhaps we might have both AFL and NRL versions of Fox Footy, who knows) on a number either directly before or after Fox Footy?

Also, maybe it’s just me but I have no idea why they can’t have Fox Sports 4 on 504 with Fox Sports 5 on 505 followed by Fox Sports Plus (that’s another thing, why not brand it as Fox Sports 6?) on 506 then Fox Footy on 507 and so on. Wouldn’t that make more sense?

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:111, topic:639, full:true”]
Realistically, wouldn’t they be most likely to put any NRL channel (perhaps we might have both AFL and NRL versions of Fox Footy, who knows) on a number either directly before or after Fox Footy?[/quote]
You’d like to think so. The NRL certainly would, I imagine.

Because FOX Footy launched after FOX Sports 1-3 were established, it was given 504. Then, when rebranding FuelTV and Speed, the names FOX Sports 4 and FOX Sports 5 were given, despite them being on channels 505 and 506.

We might see a rejig of these channels when the NRL channel launches, I feel. Though, correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t FOX Sports branding each channel as “FOX Sports 501”, “FOX Footy 504”, “FOX News 500”, etc.?

1 Like

Yeah that’s how they’re being branded now. Another thought I had for the reason why Fox Footy didn’t move along with the rebrand of Fuel and Speed was because Fox Footy would be sold to a lot of the pubs and the hotels and as a lot of the business sports packages and we know that many of those places don’t often have the latest channels showing so if the Footy suddenly moved, how much trouble would it have caused for each of those places or for those with distribution systems? Is it a simple change or does it require some work for adjusting?

4 Likes

i wonder what the chances are of Fox picking up Sky Sports F1. i’d certainly be interested, even as at an additional cost (such as is paid for RAI for example)

i was expecting an announcement on this at the start of this year - not that i have any inside information - it just made sense to me that fox were pushing there F1 coverage heavily and i thought a 24 hour channel would be a lock in

Will Sky Sports F1 be available during the season proper only if Fox Sports picks it up? Will the channel air during the week when there is no racing?

Frankly, Sky Sports F1 would be a bigger waste of a channel than Fox Footy & from next season Fox NRL are/will be during the offseason. The channel doesn’t even run full time in the UK and outside of race weekends, it just repeats past races and features (eg; Ted’s Notebook) when the channel is on-air

Definitely. We are not missing much to be honest without a dedicated F1 channel. We are missing something called the ‘F1 Report’ midweek, but if you want that it is readily available on the Internet. If it was there it would only be repeats. There is no point

Just go online and you’ll find a stream of the channel, we had a 24hr Motorsport channel and they punted that, why would they get a channel just for F1

1 Like

Fox Sports 506 being allocated to US Masters golf means most of today’s action at the Hong Kong Rugby Sevens is relegated to Red Button, with the other four channels all showing live sports at the same time. Very poor scheduling.

Even if there wasn’t the Masters channel & hence the Rugby Sevens being able to air on 506 - there was still the WSL surfing & an women’s AFL exhibition match that would have still been on the Red Button anyway.

It’s not so much poor scheduling but simply a case which happens to all sports networks occasionally of having to accommodate a lot of different events