Fox Sports

The weekend line up is really weak today on FSN. Mostly repeats.

Not convinced on the new FSN format change 15 minutes in. They are currently doing a segment titled “What’s Tweeting”. That pretty much sums it up so far.

I like the cleaner ticker, but it is kind of pointless if it is only showing scores and no stats from said games or news in general.

The cube is back, with the ‘Fox Sports 500’ watermark removed

Fox Sports has lost the Australian broadcast rights to UFC, according to Mumbrella. Fetch is the new broadcaster.
Since UFC has been receiving wide coverage on News Corp papers over the past 3-4 years, I wonder if the broadcaster switch means the papers will give less space to UFC events from now on, especially with a bout coming to Sydney later this year?

1 Like

FOX Sports News 500 continuity from this morning - featuring (among other things) a very Sky-esque breaking news strap

Just read somewhere that Fox Sports still have UFC rights, albeit as a non-exclusive rights holder. UFC 214 is still listed on the Main Event website.

Photo in this article of the fox sports news set now based out of Sky News HQ at Macquarie park.

FUCKING HELL. What have they done to FOX SPORTS NEWS?! The set is a million steps backwards and there’s been more bloopers in the past 5 minutes of me watching then there has been in the history of FSN prior to this fucked up takeover.

2 Likes

Now it’s going from worse to worse with the usual in studio interviews now done from different studios. Oh and you couldn’t hear Bryan Fletcher speak at the start, yet another blooper.

lol looks like a cheap Channel 10 knock off set…

1 Like

Yeah the audio was a bit scratchy.

It’s Sky News, what do you expect? They fucked The Weather Channel up too.

5 Likes

Sky News and Angelos strikes again. Another great channel ruined.

The set is a huge step backwards, there’s next to no info on screen, and when I was watching earlier today the two hosts appeared to be injecting opinion into every story. Just give me the news and leave sports opinion to nights.

Why? Just why? The worst part is we all saw it coming.

5 Likes

The switch to a separate studio on the other side of town from Fox Sports HQ still doesn’t make sense to me.

Instead of having your pundits and staff able to be alongside the presenter while being interviewed, you now get split-screen action where the chemistry and natural flow is non-existent.

3 Likes

I dont get dropping the ticker

Any videos? Or caps of the new set.

Angelos has recently said that the era of auto cue newreading is over and wants his new readers to inject opinion hence PVO Newsday. And look what his done with fox sports news…completely fucked it up. The set is fucking horrendous, there are a million bloopers and they really shouldn’t of moved studios,
Now they have to do all their interviews with their talent in different studios. It makes no sense at all. And yes, as someone else has said, we all knew it was coming. Sad.

2 Likes

Angelo Frangopoulos should be fucking sacked!

1 Like

One of the reasons why I ditched Foxtel. I used to watch The Weather Channel regularly, even up until last year it was still good but since about a year ago, have barely watched any because it was just useless. Have only seen a couple of snippets of FSN on the streaming over the past couple of days but I’m not liking it. RIP FSN.

1 Like

Like how The Weather Channel became Sky News Weather, I’m honestly surprised that they didn’t rebrand Fox Sports News to Sky News Sports.

But at the same time, I’m hardly surprised that Sky News has ruined Fox Sports News. As well as what they did to The Weather Channel a few years back, look at what’s been happening the main Sky News channel in recent years…slowly turning into an Australian equivalent of Fox News!

4 Likes