Fox News Channel

Fox sent this very informative statement

STATEMENT FROM 21ST CENTURY FOX REGARDING BILL O’REILLY

New York, NY – April 19 2017 – 21st Century Fox today issued the following statement:

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel.”

Tucker Carlson moves into the 8pm slot previously held by Bill.

The Five moves to Tucker’s old slot at 9pm (wasn’t the ‘Five’ meant to refer to the time it aired?).

Hannity remains unaffected, sadly.

Eric Bolling, a substitute presenter for Bill O’Reilly and host of The Five, will host a new show 5pm.

Quite interesting to read the turmoil at Fox News after they dumped Bill O’Reilly because “dozens of advertisers pulled out of “The O’Reilly Factor”.”

Also, local affiliates are distancing themselves from the “Fox News” brand such as Boston changing the name of its local newscast from “Fox 25 News” to “Boston 25 News” because it considers the Fox brand a liability.

Tucker Carlson will hopefully get a pay rise and use some of the money buying a better hair piece. Tucker has the worst wig on television.

Well that works out quite well. Tucker has moved around quite a bit, he originally replaced on the record than moved to Megan Kelly’s old spot.
I thought that Eric may have been a replacement (he is also on The Five).
I think the name The Five will remain the same as it refers more to the number of host/panelist as oppose to the air time.

I thought it was a reference to the show having a panel of five.

So Fox have lost their two highest-rating hosts in the past 6 months - first Megyn Kelly, and now Bill O’Reilly (at a time when Fox should be riding high)

It was both. Five panelists at 5pm.[quote=“T-Mac, post:48, topic:549”]
So Fox have lost their two highest-rating hosts in the past 6 months - first Megyn Kelly, and now Bill O’Reilly (at a time when Fox should be riding high)
[/quote]
Tucker has actually begun out-rating what Megyn was doing in the same slot, so the loss to Fox in that respect has actually turned out to be not so bad. O’Reilly is a huge loss though so we’ll see how the network fares without its “ratings anchor”. Despite Tucker doing better than Kelly, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow has been outrating Tucker’s program quite frequently, owing to her coverage of the Trump Administration. All eyes on the ratings over the coming months to see whether Fox’s seemingly unending dominance of cable news viewership is going to falter.

Of course, Hannity has been rating strongly and I suspect he’ll be the new untouchable at Fox News.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see Hannity talk about O’Rielly’s departure. Surely Hannity will not ignore the whole sacking? Hannity always gave Clinton a blast for his indiscretions.

Statement from O’Reilly available from several sources including

Over the past 20 years at Fox News, I have been extremely proud to launch and lead one of the most successful news programs in history, which has consistently informed and entertained millions of Americans and significantly contributed to building Fox into the dominant news network in television,” O’Reilly said. “It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims. But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today. I will always look back on my time at Fox with great pride in the unprecedented success we achieved and with my deepest gratitude to all my dedicated viewers. I wish only the best for Fox News Channel.

Tonight’s show was renamed The Factor.

Stephen Colbert tonight

1 Like

Pick one.

11 Fox News employees are taking the channel to court over alleged discrimination.

It has not been a very good few months for the channel.

You gotta wonder how many more are going to come out… Not a good time to be an employee or remotely involved with the network. Wonder if any more advertisers are going to pull out.

I have seen the light and watch CNN more frequently… :stuck_out_tongue:

Here you go.
Fox News’ Jesse Watters has gone “on vacation”. :laughing:

It’s amazing that Fox was fine under the Obama administration, but since Trump has been elected, the most popular conservative news outlet has simply… unravelled.

Today, 10pm host Sean Hannity made a comment on Twitter regarding another possible sacking, this time of an exec at Fox who was formerly Ailes’ right hand man. If the man is fired, Hannity predicts the end of Fox News as we know it.

1 Like

Not sure how much the Presidency has played in Fox News’ turmoil. Most of it, I think, would stem from Ailes’ sacking, and revelations about harassment and misconduct stemming from that. Megyn Kelly coming and saying a few choice words no doubt gave would-be accusers a little nudge that it was okay to come out of the woodwork.

If the change in administration has anything to do with this, it’s that Fox News now no longer is singular focus for its agenda. Even some of its more news-oriented personalities have spoken out against some of the Trump administration’s shenanigans.

Co-president Bill Shine is out.

Now Sean Hannity could resign.

No.

Source: Hannity on his program today.

Roger Ailes has died.