Fox League

I’m sure they said that the on field graphics (tackle count, 10 metre line) would be in action for the 3 Saturday games, yet it isn’t to be seen for the first game at least?

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised to only see it on only one game. Pointless that they talk it up and only use it for 80mins a week.

3 Likes

Im pretty sure they said it would be used for all games, so its a joke so far…

Yeah I recall they said super Saturday will have it.
Lots of hype with fox League it seems.

On field graphics on for the second game. No 10 metre line yet.

Some of the on field graphics - including location of tackles of field.

2 Likes

Love the idea and it looks great also but they don’t really work well with the virtual advertisements on field

1 Like

The adverts seems to take priority over the tackle counters. Think that the count for each side would be a different colour but perhaps they want them to be green to be subtle.

Golden point game. Fox bunker graphic and start of next game with filed graphics.

Who did NSW Cup and 20’s earlier didn’t catch the game, also I reckon Brenton Speed sounds pretty similar to Andy Raymond.

I can do without the on field tackle counter too be honest. Sometimes the marker is nowhere near where the player gets tackled. Seems rather pointless to me. Also Brenton Speed doing the third Saturday game. He seems to be doing everything for FS these days. He even did an AFL pre season game last weekend.

1 Like

Joel Caine did the nsw cup game.

Not sure why Caine got dropped, I find him to be a good caller, used to listen to him on 2GB was great on there.

1 Like

Post match coverage was advertised in epg after super Saturday but they showed a re run of the professor instead.

Could be because he’s one of those callers that blurs the line between commentator and betting company spruiker.

I didnt like Mr Speed calling the Roosters game, he should just stick to calling A-League, plus when I hear his voice I think of A-League. I really thought Warren Smith would of called the game, love that bloke.
Anyone know why Fox is getting Speed him to call NRL games now?

I read last month he will also do AFL matches all year as well.

2 Likes

Speed seemed like an odd choice but his commentary last night i thought was a pretty good, no nonsense, strictly play by play call. With all the critism commentators get it’s probably what Fox League is after.

I like Joel Caine and I hope he hasn’t been demoted.

1 Like

Very good ratings for super Saturday on fox league. Dominated all pay tv viewing. Soccer and union with woeful numbers. The cricket did ok.

1 Like

Speed wasn’t bad, I liked it I think Vossy is the best but that’s personal taste, Smith is a fantastic caller, I like Matt Russell too think he’s fantastic, already voiced my thoughts on Caine and even Andy Raymond is good. I like everyone on Fox really, good balance and great callers.

1 Like