Fox League

Ah yes ok, Still prefer the Nine scoreboard if that’s what it’s like Saturday.

The first Friday night game is fox exclusive so we will see the fox package tomorrow

1 Like

I prefer just having it in the corner. Ticker style scoreboards are so 00s (apart from the cricket)

Seems Fox are using all corners of the screen. I think the graphics which feature player names etc will be top left

Loving ‘The Late Show’ so far. 10000% better than ‘The Footy Show’!!
Great set also!
And loving the Fox League graphics.
Brett Finch also on the late show as well as Paul Kent.

Isn’t it available as on demand download anyway?

Friday Night Footy intro had the famous FOX theme.

Graphics are light blue after red last night. Looks like the colours depends on the event.

3 Likes

The scoreboard in the bottom left corner doesn’t look as nice as Nine’s.

But at least it’s less intrusive, though could be hard to read on a small screen or from a distance.

3 Likes

Since the launch of fox league my screen slightly cuts out the fox logo and the 9score board is very low on my screen, in fact there is no space between the scoreboard and the bottom of my tv. The fox scoreboard is very low also. I’ve tried aspect ratios on both my Foxtel (Austar) and my tv and there is no genuine alternative to 16:3. How can I fix this?

If you are using the old analog connections like Yellow/White/Red plugs, there isn’t much you can do (unless you want to mess around with Analog to HDMI converters). If you using HDMI then you should have a Just Scan/Screen Fit option.

This is a deliberate choice by Fox. What they’re doing is making the graphics tiny, decreasing the bitrate of their SD channels so the scoreboard is nigh on unreadable, and then flogging the HD product so they can make more $$$.

I certainly remember seeing the picture quality of FS drop significantly around the time they started pushing HD.

5 Likes

At the risk of going OT, that’s a tactic I wish Free To Air would use a bit more, might speed up the redundancy of MPEG2 so we can have most if not everything in MPEG4 HD.

2 Likes

I think they need to raise the bottom ticker up a couple pixels. Half the text is cut out on one of my TVs!

1 Like

I don’t mind how Fox Sports have made the scoreboard graphics smaller. With more people having larger HD screens these days compared to ten or even five years ago, it makes sense for broadcasters to optimise their on-screen graphics for HD.

What I don’t really like though is that rather intrusive looking “watermark” (doesn’t even deserved to be called that IMO). It’s one thing for the commercial FTA stations do to their annoying “Live & Free” thing but I really don’t appreciate having rather chunky graphics like that “Fox League 502 HD Live No Ad Breaks” one on a premium Pay TV channel! :confused:

4 Likes

and the GREEN on that ‘Watermark’… it’s a bit much!

It should be called ‘Limescale’ (and as its Raiders colours too).

3 Likes

They really should just use the inverted coloured one that they usually use for non-live programming.

1 Like

See if you can find a setting called “overscan” in the advanced video set up of the TV screen and turn it off - note this is not a Ausstra/Foxtel setting but a setting of the TV.

You can look up what overscan means - here is one explanation https://www.cnet.com/au/news/overscan-youre-not-seeing-the-whole-picture-on-your-tv/

Yeah it’s a Flinders Austar box doesn’t even have a HD option. I personally would love HD but is it worth it for a clearer picture. Would like to get the new box anyway.

274k for Bulldogs vs Storm last night. That would have to be pretty close to the highest rating subscription TV program so far this year.

1 Like