Fox League

Fox league sent Matt Russell over to NZ and used their own graphics for today’s warriors game. Obviously not taking the Sky NZ coverage this year.

1 Like

Was he actually there or did he call it off tube? He called game 1 of the NBL finals last night in Melbourne. Obviously the travel is possible either way, but just a thought.

1 Like

But the NRL website and Nine’s NRL YouTube channel both used Sky NZ coverage for the highlights clip.

I’d say he’d did both on site.

Would’ve been from the studio, you can tell the difference especially at Mt Smart. Plus they had no sideline eye.

I don’t understand why Fox does it from the studio, the NZ crew on site would be better. I wonder if overseas viewers got the NZ callers.

1 Like

Certainly from the studio, I noticed when they threw to half time he was still talking as the feed cut to the SKY NZ outro package complete with Bunnings sponsorship.

There must’ve been complaints about the bias of the sky crew. They seem to want to do everything in house now anyway.

Yet ABC still uses the NZ Radio crew don’t they?

Yeah not to mention when the camera skipped to a view of other players they were speaking about something completely different.

Any guess that Matt Russell is at Canberra today, with Smith and Voss at ANZ Stadium?

The scoreboard graphics have been tweaked

5 Likes

I saw Matt Nable call the Warriors surprise and big upset win over the Roosters tonight.

I hadn’t heard him before and I thought he was quite good.

1 Like

seriously? lol, I dont like him at all, he should be put to call the NSW Cup.

1 Like

Are Fox league broadcasting from NZ with the double header or are they going to take the $2 approach, do everything from the studio and Call the games from a monitor?

Either that or they spent all the money sending Vossy to Gladstone, a place notoriously expensive to send people by air.

1 Like

They should have sent Vossy up in the back of one of the OB trucks that would have been driven up from Brissy for it.

Matt Nable did a $2 Call from the studio, didn’t see my warriors as I was at the footy but from what I saw it was Matt Russell who called both games for Sky I believe.

A send off and two sin binnings from a melee of sorts in tonight’s Melbourne vs Manly game has created a dot-a-thon on FOXs scoreboard in the top left hand corner.

2 Likes