Fox League

FOX LEAGUE 2018

NEW LOOK LINE-UP FOR 2018 REVEALED

EMMA FREEDMAN AND MATT NABLE JOIN THE TEAM

INCREASED ROLES FOR DANNY BUDERUS, MICK ENNIS, HANNAH HOLLIS AND COOPER CRONK

MORE FUN, INSIGHT AND ANALYSIS WITH FOUR NEW SHOWS

MATTY JOHNS NOW ON SUNDAY NIGHTS WITH SUNDAY NIGHT WITH MATTY JOHNS

NEW DEDICATED FOX LEAGUE APP MAKES ULTIMATE COMPANION

FOX LEAGUE, exclusively on Foxtel, remains home to Rugby League in 2018, giving fans the coverage they deserve. Every game of every round, plus all finals leading into the Grand Final, LIVE in HD and ad-break free during play.

A new look line-up revealed this morning at the FOX LEAGUE 2018 season launch held at Pier 2 at Walsh Bay, Sydney, is set to provide fans with even more of the coverage they love.

FOOX LEAGUE, exclusively on Foxtel, is home to Rugby League, giving fans the coverage they deserve.

Every game LIVE in HD, every round with no ad-breaks during play all on a dedicated 24/7 Rugby League channel. FOX LEAGUE will also
broadcast every finals match leading into the Grand Final live in HD, with no ad-breaks during play.

Across the rest of the week, there’s something for everyone, whether you’re after hard-hitting analysis, family-friendly entertainment or something with a late-night edge, FOX LEAGUE will have it all.

Four new shows launch in 2018 including, The Big League Wrap with Yvonne Sampson, Mick Ennis, James Hooper and with regular appearances from Roosters recruit Cooper Cronk, provides unrivalled insight and analysis from the round. Try Time with Lara Pitt is a one hour highlights package with every try from the previous round. The Greatest hosted by Mick Ennis will showcase a selection of the best plays, most loved players and moments that the game has provided, while The Fan will offer Rugby League lovers a look at the game through the historical and quirky lens of the game’s biggest fan Andrew Voss.

With fresh on-screen innovations that take fans closer to the action, the best commentary team in
the business and best line-up of entertainment, FOX LEAGUE is home to Rugby League.

1 Like

Doesn’t have quite the same ring to it but a good show none the less - glad it’s back.

Could NRL Try Time with Lara Pitt be the weekly highlights show for international networks?

2018 NRL Telstra Premiership Kicks Off On Fox League

The NRL season kicks off with traditional rivals the St George Illawarra Dragons and Brisbane Broncos on Thursday (March 8) with Corey Parker, Greg Alexander and Warren Smith calling all the action LIVE and ad-break free during play.

FOX LEAGUE will bring fans Mitchell Pearce’s first game in a Knights jersey EXCLUSIVELY LIVE on Friday night before the Cowboys v Sharks clash. The Professor returns in 2018 with new panel member, Nathan Hindmarsh, joining regulars Brett Finch and Chris Page on The Professor’s Farewell Tour.

Cooper Cronk makes his first appearance in a Roosters jersey in game one of FOX LEAGUE’s LIVE and EXCLUSIVE Super Saturday coverage.

The weekend wraps up with a new look Sunday line-up when Emma Freedman makes her FOX LEAGUE debut alongside Matty Johns, Brett Finch and Bryan Fletcher on Sunday Night with Matty Johns following Sunday’s LIVE double-header, Pearce will be the special guest for the opening episode.

New score graphic and placement.
Looks a bit bland.
And I don’t like the time remaining though… I prefer time elapsed.

5 Likes

Can’t say I’m a fan either. Didn’t like last year’s either but at least they had it placed in the right area of the screen.

2 Likes

Yeah hate countdown timers. Ch9 has the better set up on screen. Plus don’t like Scoreboard in high corner.

3 Likes

So this year Fox is taking Nine’s pictures only, without graphics.

1 Like

At least FOX will have consistent graphics across all of its games now, even if they are inferior to Nine’s.

Who’s this Matt Nable guy calling the league? He’s woeful. Clearly hasn’t got any experience and just sounds so unprofessional.

2 Likes

ex nrl player who is now an actor. not sure why he’s calling

1 Like

Probably time to remove the 3rd tackle graphic.

8 Likes

I was really looking forward to hearing Matt Nable, but unfortunately, he wasn’t very good. He’ll improve over time, but right now, woeful.

Have to agree. i hope you listened to ABC’s call instead.

The Sunday Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield says Fox Sports has re-signed Lara Pitt and Braith Anasta for two and five more years respectively.

Nable got better as the game went on but his calling style is something that needs to be worked on. However, want to hear him call a few more games before making a judgement about whether I like him as a commentator or not

I’m not sure why they didn’t put him through the systems calling lower grades

i don’t think his a full time commentator

Gee, that SOU text for the Rabbitohs is hard to read!

They may have been better off reversing the red and green colours

2 Likes