Fox Footy

Looks like next season there will be a full rebrand of Fox footy according to Lyon on SEN when talking about the new broadcast deal. I expected some new graphics etc but didn’t think a rebrand given Fox footy theme is the same full black as their cricket, netball, nrl etc

1 Like

Given Fox Footy shares the same style of graphics with Fox Sports’ coverage of rugby league, cricket, netball etc, if the Fox Footy graphics change next year, the rest should follow suit.

2 Likes

That would mean cricket either goes first or last as they’ve done in the past.

1 Like

I wonder who’s calling tonight’s game in Perth given Papalia would be doing the Olympics

3 Likes

That falls onto Dwayne Russell according to Fox Footy’s blowtorch; they list all their commentators/presenters every week.

6 Likes

Clanger by Gerard Healy today.

7 Likes

He’s not wrong!

5 Likes

A couple things about Fox Footy’s showdown broadcast:

1. Can the hosts shut up while they do the Never Tear Us Apart - at least Seven goes quite to we can all listen into the atmospehre
  2. Find someone other that the biased Mark Ricciuto to be the Adelaide based commentator

Disagree with the second point, Mark Ricciuto I find is as neutral as possible whether he’s commenting Power or Crows matches.

5 Likes

Fair enough, don’t usually watch the footy but watched a bit of the showdown and sounded like IMO he was a bit biased towards the crows. Not sure if it’s just because of the showdown though.

2 Likes

I wonder if there is anything to read into Fox Footy’s selection of commentators for today’s blockbuster game between Collingwood and Brisbane.

Anthony Hudson
Mark Howard
Garry Lyon
Jack Riewoldt

An indication of sorts of what might possibly be their Friday night call team next year?

3 Likes

Not really, tomorrow Huddo is calling with Matt Hill.

3 Likes

Now is probably the best time to trial some teams of people who are usually available on Friday nights, etc, to see how they go. The next year, they can move the best of the best to those timeslots, and use those unavailable on Friday nights/new hires etc on Afternoon and Twilight games.

Could also use AFLW as well.

2 Likes

I could see Matt Hill doing Thursday nights but surely not the lucrative Friday slot.

Surely FNF will be two of Huddo, Howie or Dwayne.

3 Likes

Fox have never really had locked in commentary combinations. But if they did, surely Friday night would be Dwayne and Huddo, with them giving up their radio commentary commitments and calling 100% for Fox.

1 Like

Hard disagree, he’s been more complimentary to Port Adelaide this evening, usually he can be biased for Adelaide but I do agree, they need to use him outside of SA more often.

2 Likes

Fair enough - again I only tune in every now and then, so I only hear the odd snippet.

What are your thoughts on the commentators talking over the top of Never Tear us Apart?

I think if Whateley wants to do commentary with Fox then they can pair him & Dwayne since they call together on radio. With Hill unavailable on Saturdays he will probably stick with Sunday and then start either Thursday or Friday.

I think
Thursday: Whateley + Russell
Friday: Huddo + Howard or Russell

Fox never have set commentary line up so it will all probably swap round by round but I think it will be between these 5 tho

5 Likes

Not a fan, actually can’t stand it.

2 Likes

He’s a director of the Crows and often uses “we” when talking about them.

1 Like