Fox Footy

I was going to say that Saturday twilight has been the Huddo timeslot for most Saturday’s.

He’s done it all season except for R1 I’m pretty sure

2 Likes

Why do at times during on ground interviews they use a Fox Sports mic, other times an AFL mic? On Fox Sports games.

Depends if they are simulcast to Channel 7 or if it’s a Fox exclusive game

4 Likes

It’s in the deal with AFL - if the game is simulcast on Seven, then they will use generic branding and logos.

Also the Fox broadcast continues until the scheduled end time on Seven when the Fox Footy channel switches to the next game.

3 Likes

See, that annoys me, they should offer this ‘full’ coverage on Kayo as the game stream instead of just simulcasting the truncated Fox Footy feed, which is its own thing on Kayo anyway, so it’s superfluous if you’re watching the footy live.

4 Likes

You can hear maybe the director providing a countdown after each goal on the St Kilda and Fremantle game tonight.

4 Likes

Yes, and I’ve heard something similar during a Ch7 game earlier in the year.
I believe it’s to let the commentators know when the ad breaks have finished.
“But this is Fox Footy-”, the match was shown on 7 in Perth due to the Dockers playing, so it’s still a consideration.

3 Likes

Whats the deal with PA/Hawthorn being on 503 and 504 simultaneously?

2 Likes

Also, maybe not the right thread, but what’s with Kayo (every single ad break - except for the ones with the “we’ll be right back” placeholder") buffering, getting stuck and having to stop casting, re-open the app and re-start from live? Annoying as!

Guess you do get the ‘premium’ service with Foxtel broadcast/Foxtel Now pay TV vs Kayo svod :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

503 showed Essendon v North Melbourne from 1pm AEST, then 504 showed Port Adelaide v Hawthorn (with Seven’s match commentary) from 3pm AEST. When Bombers v Roos finished at 4pm, 503 joined 504’s broadcast.

2 Likes

Don’t cast, just use a native app or HDMI.

504 showed Essendon v NM. Because Port and Hawthorn started before Ess v NM finished, they started that game on 503. After Ess v NM finished, 504 changed to Port v Hawthorn, but they kept the broadcast going on 503 rather than cutting it off half way and switching channels.

If people wanted to record the Port v Haw game, it would be painful if it was across 2 channels.

5 Likes

Am I missing something? I didn’t think Foxtel could use their own commentary team (nor anything like cameras, graphics, studio or other in-match integrations or cutaways) when it was a simulcast of a Seven produced game?

1 Like

Correct, but from 2025 they can.

3 Likes

Dwayne Russell will be special guest on Seven’s The Front Bar next Wednesday night (May 29).

5 Likes

Fox forgot to change the mics. Fox Sports branding on Cam Mooney at QTR time Cats v Giants.

3 Likes

Both of the viewers watching the telecast on 7mate in NSW/ACT will be shocked and confused.

3 Likes

Situations like this where Fox Footy would be thankful they don’t send commentators to the ground!

1 Like

Fox at the SCG today. All commentators. Can’t recall that happen too much outside Victoria/Optus (Perth)

3 Likes

I think they did at Adelaide Oval one last year. Plus they did Gather Round on site AFAIK (both 23 and 24).

2 Likes