Fox Footy

Yeah when they were the naming sponsor of the festival, they had their own OB set outside the ground and hosted shows such as Bounce, 360 on the Friday night as well as pre match coverage at the desk.

1 Like

Tonight’s Collingwood awards night, including Copeland Trophy for the best and fairest player of 2023, will be shown live on Kayo and Fox Sports 505 from 7.30pm AEDT.

1 Like

I am completely pissed off by this! Unless Collingwood paid for the telecast why are they the only team that has their B+F broadcast? I realise they are the biggest AFL club but they are NOT the AFL! There are 17 other clubs including my club Melbourne who also had their B+F night last night. (I watched a very low quality stream from the website). My club has claims to be one of the oldest football, of any code, clubs in the world (formed in 1859) the 1st AFL side and deserves better treatment from Fox/Kayo. My Kayo subscription is actually through Melbourne FC.

I have done a little research and cannot find any evidence of any other clubs B+F being televised. If anyone knows of any other club’s having their B+F broadcast please let me know as I intend to complain to Fox Footy and Kayo!

2 Likes

We didn’t have a live stream

1 Like

Which team?

I would suspect that their justification would be that they were the premiers and as such there would be interest based on that.

2 Likes

Sorry but No. Geelong were Premiers last year and Melbourne in 2021 but their B+F nights were not telecast live. The interest was only from Collingwood supporters, no other supporter gives a damn who Collingwood’s B+F is.

1 Like

I totally agree, I’m pretty sure that what they’ll use to justify it though. My team didn’t get the same treatment for any of their three premierships (17, 19 and 20) either so not particularly happy either.

1 Like

I have emailed Fox Footy/Kayo, will post the result, assuming I get one!

1 Like

Did any other club pursue the option? A smart move from Collingwood IMO, will be something to watch next year to see if others attempt it.

7 Likes

Go Tiger. :grin: You’ve got a good new coach and hopefully the Dees have a good new assistant. Good luck for 2024 except Anzac Day Eve. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

So they paid for the telecast? I doubt it, just Fox pandering to the biggest club IMO!

Tell me you don’t understand basic broadcast economics without telling me you don’t understand basic broadcast economics

4 Likes

And there are enough Collingwood supporters to justify the telecast. Not sure what your issue is, nobody was being forced to watch it. Fox Footy had a live AFLW game on, the Copeland was on another unused Fox Sports channel.

1 Like

Tell me you that you can reply to a post without being sarcastic and bombastic. :grin: Read my posts again and tell me what my posts have to do with broadcast economics?

You have missed my point entirely. It’s not the fact that it was on but that no other teams best and fairest was televised.

1 Like

They 100% paid for it. It didn’t even have the Fox Footy or Fox Sports normal watermark on the broadcast.

It’s live content during the off-season. Why would they say no?

Obviously no one else asked or offered. It’s not that deep bro.

2 Likes

I’d assume Jam Media did the broadcast and offered it to Fox for free. No other club has those connections like the Pies do.

4 Likes

Gold Coast Suns?

1 Like

It’s also totally possible that Collingwood produced the broadcast themselves and gave Fox the option to broadcast it and if you were Fox you’d be clamoring for any footy content in the off season. I’d guess if Fox weren’t broadcasting, they were just going to live stream it or something.
Probably not as deep as “Fox is pandering to Collingwood”. Maybe more clubs will do this in future years now that Collingwood has the ball rolling on the idea?

3 Likes