Fox Footy

Cue the annual ‘where’s the Brownlow on Fox Footy / Kayo?’ …Not realising it’s been exclusive to Seven since IIRC 2017.

5 Likes

Just an observation and realisation I had during the finals.

Fox wouldn’t send commentators interstate to call games but did so for the finals (2 in Brisbane & 1 in Adelaide) just to do pre game, half time & post game coverage. I know it’s not many games and it’s the finals so it’s expected but I seriously hope that next season they do what 7 does and actually goes to the stadiums

1 Like

Especially for the matches they host call when the new deal comes in. I’m happy for studio calls when they are the alternate but for Fox productions they need to be there in person.

1 Like

Fox Footy will not be showing the game, but will have its own panel of experts pre- and post-game and throughout each of the quarter intervals.

Has Fox done 1/3 Qtr Time coverage before?

I don’t think so, but also why would people tune into fox just for that analysis when they aren’t showing the game

3 Likes

Because it’s more entertaining than watching a 5 minute block of ads on Seven?

1 Like

Doesn’t Fox also have ads during their normal break analysis?

Not during the Grand Final (half time yeah they do)

Who would seriously watch the break analysis. It is not as if someone is going to switch over at the breaks…

1 Like
3 Likes

AFL 360 co-host Mark Robinson won The Front Bar’s Golden Cometti 2023 award for his comment “is that the moon?” while analysing a spoil by a Melbourne player earlier this year. He recorded the acceptance speech with Gerard Whateley watching on, on Tuesday night this week, based on the date shown on the LED screen in the background.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Fantastic to see its return, what a flop last year’s was by the Yarra River.

While it’s great to see use of the ‘footy festival’ zone outside the MCG concourse in Jolimont, I do miss the previous locations within the CBD, around the south-east quadrant, where Flinders St and Spring St meet and Wellington Pde on the northern boundary of the sporting precinct/Yarra Rd, perhaps logistically harder now with traffic, public safety, etc?

Stunning weather today and unseasonably hot tomorrow for the GF (chance to break a record - held by 2015 which who could forget with Hawthorn completing their ‘three-peat’ belting West Coast - Ellie Goulding sang that year and they were all in summer clothes with a paint blue sky - however one of the weaker performances with poor audio and apparently Gil McLachlan’s daughter liked them early in his CEO tenure and that created come questions) and before that the late 80s, also involved Hawthorn.

And @TV.Cynic IIRC the first year of Seven’s current sport watermarks (as well as a wider network package since updated in 2020), prior to Rio 2016 (think the Olympic rings came out around then too).

2 Likes

woulda been funny if he called maher a wanker

3 Likes

I know Fox can’t show the game but are they not even allowed inside the G? Looks like they’ve been told to stay away out on the river.

Yep

They’re not part of the Footy Festival outside of the MCG, so its not that surprising they’re located elsewhere

2 Likes

Might not be surprising to those who know but I wasn’t aware which is why I asked.

1 Like

They have been there in the past (I’m pretty sure they were in the same spot in 2016 that Seven occupied this year)

1 Like

They didn’t do anything after the pregame stuff

5 Likes