Fox Footy

Has anyone else noticed the really ambiguous promos in the last week implying something ‘big’ is coming, accompanied by weird growling noises?

4 Likes

Someone noticed it yesterday:

https://twitter.com/Iainr1Cairns/status/1683284880275435521?s=20

Not Tom Browne obviously but intriguing none the less.

More AFLW coverage?

Could it be Retro Round?

1 Like

I was thinking Player Takeover, they’ve left it a bit late for Retro Round. Maybe the growling is to imply Dimma might be joining the team, they’ve got a promo with Bucks reacting to it.

2 Likes

Doubt it

Has there been a single episode of Best on Ground this year? I recall they promised a few one off episodes or something like that this year. Fingers crossed it has quietly been axed.

2 Likes

Yeah they did one during Gather Round.

And the other I think they did was on opening round so a total of 2 episodes, hopefully it’s been axed for good.

1 Like

Round 21, now known on Fox Footy as Ruck Round. What the &%*!

2 Likes

Saw this over the weekend, looks like instead of showing goal kickers history on the actual goals like before, they now have a small graphic showing it.

2 Likes

They used to also show it as a graphic on the field. Think they just like to change things up from time to time.

4 Likes

Lots of black frames/cuts to the wrong camera on the Adelaide vs Gold Coast game on channel 503.

2 Likes

Wednesday’s episode of AFL 360 will air at the earlier time of 6.30pm AEST, to avoid clashing with the FIFA Women’s World Cup semi-final between Australia and England (8pm AEST kickoff).

2 Likes

The awards will air live from 7pm AEST on August 30, and will include AFL Coaches Association’s Champion Player of the Year, AFL Players Association MVP, and the AFL Rising Star award.

UPDATED 30/8/2023

2 Likes

A lot of cool camera coverage on the Carlton vs GWS match, plenty of steadicam shots which aren’t new by any means but are really well done regardless.

7 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

I’m all for Howie doing the interviews, much better than last year’s coverage where Browny and Kath Loughnan decimated the use of the English language when they were in that role.

He’s a great interviewer, really is his strength.

3 Likes