Fox Footy

Blame Sydney-siders who love watching everything on Foxtel (Swans on Friday)

Do Foxtel release state by state numbers? Only ever seen a national figure.
Goes to show that the media hyperbole about Ric v Coll having to be on free to air was absolute crap. Typical clueless Victorian media.

3 Likes

I believe they do, but only Foxtel or some network must publish them, as Mediaweek did used to show them (a couple of Swans games last year and year before were over 60k in Sydney on Fox Footy).
Majority of games (apart from a few and finals) that hit 300k have involved the Swans, so also a reasonable assumption.

Think we will agree to disagree about the Swans being the factor. The figures I’ve seen for this year doesn’t agree with your statement.

I was referring to historical data, which Fox Footy market breakdowns are publically available on mediaweek if you’re bothered, Sydney was a significant contributor to their good games in that regard.
So I’m making a reasonable presumption based off evidence.

And I’m making a reasonable presumption based off this year’s figures, if you’re bothered, where this isn’t the case. Like I said, agree to disagree.

I think we’re getting contexts confused here?
Your original question was “are there market breakdowns for Foxtel ratings” (or the like).

I was telling you there are and trying to justify my original comment about Sydney-siders having a higher penetration of Foxtel.

Actually, my original point was that Richmond v Collingwood wasn’t even the highest rating game on Fox for the weekend, which you were adamant would break the record for Fox. Tried to quantify that by saying for the afternoon timeslot. The game wasn’t even in the afternoon timeslot, nor was it Fox’s highest rating afternoon game this season (let alone a record). Highlighted for me the self importance of the media, who are wrong more than they are right with these things.
I could care less where they are from, as Foxtel only provide national figures in daily ratings. I’m not really sure how you managed to get sidetracked onto the Swans from that. I know plenty of people who live outside NSW who are Sydney supporters and plenty of people in NSW who aren’t Swans supporters, so any relevance is ?

3 Likes

Okay :slight_smile:

Who’s doing the play by play commentary with Sandy in the WB vs Saints game tonight?

1 Like

Leigh Montagna

4 Likes

Dwayne Russell is scheduled to call two games today. Quite unusual for that to happen on Fox.

2 Likes

Tim Lane did that once for Ten.

1 Like

So Dwayne Russell called Hawthorn v Geelong and next he will be calling the Collingwood v Brisbane at Docklands? It is a short drive from MCG to Docklands.

1 Like

I can’t remember it happening previously this year. Is slightly unusual for Fox to have a Saturday day game and night game in Melbourne though, can’t remember that happening much this year either.

Be mad to drive it on event days but yes,not very far. Shorter to walk through the city, quicker to train it from Jolimont to Southern Cross.

I do it regularly when I’m in Melbourne. Did a Sunday 1.10 and 4.40 double once, took me about 27 mins on foot. I was stuffed though haha

1 Like

Yeah, I’d probably jump on a train or tram for part of it rather than walk. Too many people wandering in the CBD to set a quick pace.

I went MCG to Docklands. Essentially got out to the waterfront, much less packed that way, flicked back up somewhere along there. Also helped I probably got every light, does help.

Ben Waterworth commentated his first men’s AFL match today, Richmond’s thrashing of the Suns on the Gold Coast. Waterworth is also the AFLW and Under-18s caller for the channel.

1 Like