Fox Cricket

So no studio coverage?

They would have to pay staff for that… :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Fox Cricket will show the 2023 WBBL Draft live today from 5.30pm AEST, followed by 2023 BBL Draft at 7pm AEST.

2 Likes

Women’s draft appears to be pre-recorded. Same setup as last year, NEP studios Melbourne and the Fox Footy studio hosting.

Personally don’t like Healy, a current player, being here giving pick analysis…

1 Like

Looks like it’s live to me

No live watermark the tell-tale for me… recorded as-live for sure maybe half an hour before air, so they can set up for the men’s draft and ensure it runs on time.

1 Like

Ah I see now

1 Like

Time for the men’s:

otherwise much the same elements.

Interesting that they’ve moved to the UK “T20i” instead of “T20I” as has been seen in Australia so far:

2 Likes

Interesting draft coverage, with people everywhere and interviews after almost every pick.

1 Like

1 Like

Fox Cricket’s coverage of Australia’s three match ODI series against India starts tomorrow (Friday) with game 1 at Mohali. The telecast starts at 5.50pm AEST. Game 2 is at Indore on Sunday and Game 3 is at Rajkot on Wednesday.

3 Likes

So again no Fox input.

Decent effort by Brad McNamara and Stuart Clark today - they commentated the entire Marsh Cup 50 over match between QLD and WA.

4 Likes

And?

That’s normal isn’t it?

You’d think they’d do some element of coverage themselves to add to the broadcast given they are the big old “home of cricket” and they did coverage for a series they didn’t even have rights to, especially with the large amount of Indian diaspora watching and a World Cup in a moment’s time.

There are usually at least 3 or 4 commentators on a one day match…

Not a domestic live stream one. You get three maybe on a Shield match.

1 Like

I had it on mute at work but it seemed like quite decent coverage.

I was watching the cricket.com.au version of the stream and noticed that Fox’s graphics appeared on top of the cricket.com.au watermark/logo.

2 Likes

A lot of this is just pointless filler that adds questionable value (and wouldn’t be cheap either) - I dont buy that you have to top and tail coverage to be considered the “home of cricket”.