Fox Cricket

yet we still don’t have a AFLW fixture…

4 Likes

This is just trash scheduling. Weekday afternoons in the suburbs - that’s good for neither TV or families attending.

They should run a shorter WBBL with prime time and weekend slots and full TV coverage - and run a separate domestic T20 comp with the WNCL teams to create the developmental league for the players, where you can do these weekday matches and lower tier venues.

It’s hardly a “big bash” in Ringwood at 3pm.

3 Likes

Problem as well and a major failure on CV’s part is that they didn’t install lighting at Citipower, thus meaning all games there are 1 or 3pm.

1 Like

Cricket Australia yesterday released the 2023-24 domestic fixture.

Kayo will stream live every match of Marsh One-Day Cup, Sheffield Shield and Women’s National Cricket League, while Foxtel will show 13 matches of Marsh One-Day Cup including final on February 25, as well as the finals of Sheffield Shield (March 21-24) and WNCL (February 24).

4 Likes

The draft for both leagues will be a televised event on Fox Cricket, with the WBBL draft taking place from 3pm on Sunday, September 3, ahead of the BBL draft from 4.30pm.

1 Like

First T20I: Sky Stadium, Wellington, February 21
Second T20I: Eden Park, Auckland, February 23
Third T20I: Eden Park, Auckland, February 25
First Test: Basin Reserve, Wellington, February 29-March 4
Second Test: Hagley Oval, Christchurch, March 8-12

4 Likes

Hasn’t taken long for recently retired English cricketer Stuart Broad (right) to find his way into the SKY UK cricket commentary team (for The Hundred competition) as shown on FOX Cricket.

3 Likes

Usman Khawaja is the latest addition to Fox Cricket’s commentary team, with the Australian opener set to pursue a career in media after he decides to hang up the boots.

The 36-year-old, who was the leading run-scorer of the recent Ashes series in England, announced on Monday morning that he will join Fox Cricket commentary team in a full-time role following his retirement.

Khawaja will provide analysis on Fox Cricket during the upcoming Cricket World Cup in India, also making commentary appearances throughout the 2023/24 home summer.

He joins opener partner David Warner, the most recent addition to Fox Cricket’s commentary, who will take on a full-time role with the microphone after his retirement.

“I‘ve always enjoyed Fox Cricket’s coverage. Fox Sports was the first thing I’d put on in the morning as a kid, so the affiliation with the company was a bit more sentimental for me.

Sure thing mate :joy:

Fox Cricket’s hosting team for the World Cup also includes former Australian cricketers Brendon Julian, Mark Waugh, Kerry O’Keeffe and Brad Haddin, while Michael Vaughan, Ravi Shastri, Wasim Akram, Harsha Bhogle and Ian Smith will provide analysis from the subcontinent.

Every match of the 2023 ICC Men’s Cricket World up will be broadcast on Foxtel and streaming platform Kayo Sports, with Hindi commentary options available for all India matches plus the semi-finals and final.

The Cricket World Cup runs from October 5 to November 19.

So they’ll do studio stuff with Brendon Julian, Mark Waugh, Kerry O’Keeffe, Usman Khawaja and Brad Haddin, with these guys being the world feed commentators: “while Michael Vaughan, Ravi Shastri, Wasim Akram, Harsha Bhogle and Ian Smith will provide analysis from the subcontinent.”

5 Likes

From Foxtel

Usman Khawaja declares post-cricket move, exclusively joining Fox Cricket commentary team

One of Australia’s most-respected opening batsmen ever, Usman Khawaja, will join the Fox Cricket commentary team as a full-time exclusive expert once he calls stumps on his playing career.

The veteran made the announcement alongside Australian Test and ODI captain Pat Cummins, ODI batsman Glenn Maxwell and Australian legend and Fox Cricket commentator Adam Gilchrist at a Kayo Sports media event at the SCG today to preview the upcoming ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup.

Khawaja will join Fox Cricket’s world-class line-up for a series of analysis shows throughout the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup and will feature across the upcoming summer of cricket, before joining the commentary team fulltime upon his retirement.

He follows in the footsteps of fellow opening batsman and good friend, David Warner, as the most recent addition to the Fox Cricket team.

Khawaja said: "I love cricket and I love analysing the game. I have always wanted to stay a part of the game when I finish up playing and commentating just seemed the perfect fit.

"I’ve always enjoyed Fox Cricket’s coverage. Fox Sports was the first thing I’d put on in the morning as a kid, so the affiliation with the company was a bit more sentimental for me.

“On top of that, working alongside a world-class commentary team and my mate Dave Warner is something that really excites me and I can’t wait”.

Fox Sports Executive Director, Steve Crawley, said: “Usman is one of the most respected and resilient cricketers in the world. He has an opinion and he’s not afraid to share it. Having him and David Warner continue their partnership in our commentary box will be a great win for fans.”

Fox Cricket’s Sydney-based hosting line-up for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup will also include Brendon Julian, Mark Waugh, Kerry O’Keeffe and Brad Haddin, with live crosses to Michael Vaughan, Ravi Shastri, Wasim Akram, Harsha Bhogle and Ian Smith in India. Ahead of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup, Fox Cricket will host a one-hour preview show as well as a one-hour special looking back at the big moments from previous tournaments. There will also be analysis shows before every Australian match and select other big matches.

Kayo Sports will include an alternative Hindi commentary option for all India matches plus the semi-finals and final, and Kayo Minis will be available for every match of the tournament.

The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup will highlight a blockbuster month of cricket in October, which also includes the Women’s T20 and ODI home international series’ against the West Indies and the start of the Weber Women’s Big Bash League.

Every match of the women’s international series’ and the Weber WBBL will be live on Fox Sports, available on Foxtel and streaming on Kayo Sports.

Ahead of that, the Asia Cup will be broadcast live on Fox Sports, available on Foxtel and Kayo Sports, with live Hindi commentary available for every match featuring India, plus the final, on Kayo Sports. The tournament which will be held from August 31 – September 17 in Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

The 2023 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup will be held in India from October 5 – November 19 with every game available on Foxtel and Kayo Sports.

2 Likes

Maxwell with Fox now instead of Seven?

Maxwell & Finch too have been part of both 7 & Fox during the BBL

2 Likes

I’d be a bit surprised if Vaughan is part of the world feed, given that he’s never directly worked for an ICC production - which tends to predominantly use the sky team - more probable that Vaughan will be in India for TMS.

1 Like

Steve Smith looks an awful lot like Dave Warner…

1 Like

Warner must have just been batting with Smith at that time in the package reel.

1 Like

It was Warner and Finch.

2 Likes

As you’ve probably figured by now, it’s a whole one-hour mini, they aren’t focusing exclusively on Smith (as they’re now showing the Indian innings). Interesting title for the program though, given that :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Wouldn’t be a lot to show if it were just his highlights, except as a 10-minute filler - it was a 62-ball century after all :smile:

4 Likes

I’d say it was wrongly titled…

They are all titled that way

2 Likes

Nah, just the assumption that they’re talking Australian superstars, so saying “AUS v IND” is probably redundant :slight_smile:

A bit of sounding like “Steve Smith vs the World/Universe” though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fox Cricket’s exclusive coverage of Australian limited overs tour of South Africa 2023 begins this Thursday (August 31), with the first T20 match from Durban. Telecast begins at 1.50am AEST with first ball at 2am.

It will be followed by two more T20s and five ODIs during September.

2 Likes