Fox Cricket

I think the BCCI commentary team is pretty decent anyway.

And as expected, Mark Waugh instead of Michael Clarke.

3 Likes

The graphics are complete trash though. I wish fox Cricket could put their graphics and commentators over the top of these games like they do for BBL.

1 Like

The commentary isn’t that bad. As someone said I don’t think they are allowed to do it with their graphics.

3 Likes

Agree, I think the graphics are fine.

Better than what SKY UK uses for “The Hundred” cricket games over there. They are among the worst I’ve seen.

5 Likes

BBCI graphics are fine, they are similar to ESPN’s NBA graphics last season. Not the best but it’s shows everything required

3 Likes

As much as I agree that BCCI graphics have been hit or miss over the years (and I’d say this is… not the worst, albeit maybe not fitting of test matches), I can’t imagine them acquiescing to anyone. (Not that the contents of the graphics vary much between countries anyway these days; practically everyone uses the same system.)

The typeface they’ve been using this year reminds me of a less refined version of SuperSport’s graphics in South Africa.

1 Like

In lieu of the feed having any recognition of who’s on air, Fox have added this little popup at regular intervals:

No fancy animation, just fades on and off:

3 Likes

The feed last night did put up the commentators at least once. But maybe not enough!

1 Like

There’s no chance, but I wish the graphics wouldn’t take up so much real estate.

So much information doesn’t need to be displayed at all times. e.g. Day 2 Session 2, the score from each delivery, the lead, the number of balls faced.

Also the amount of black space.

Go back to what Ch9 had - minimal and centred (probably because there was the transition from 4:3 to wider screens).

Every broadcaster’s graphics are too cluttered for my liking.

3 Likes

Agreed - cricket is a stats sport but at some point it was decided all that information needed to be on screen at once. And as you say, a lot of it is pointless/doesn’t need to be on screen all at once.

2 Likes

This is the Indian broadcaster mind you - and these graphics work well for the limited-overs games, while they don’t look that great for Tests. For starters they’re too dark (and not in a tasteful way that Fox’s are)

2 Likes

My line of thinking is: what is the minimal amount of information required so that you know ‘where the game is at’ if you’ve changed channels.

Test matches: running total, score for each batter, opposition 1st innings total or target - everything else can be a standalone graphic.

Limited over: running total, score for each batter (edit: also balls faced), target if 2nd innings, overs bowled - again you don’t need anything else.

Let us see as much of the ‘action’ as possible. Also, the tight camera shots of players won’t be so ‘in your face’.

Like what 7 has for test cricket. They have more colour than what 9 had but it’s basically the same

2 Likes

Hindi feed and commentary appeared briefly

1 Like

Are they showing the hindi feed on kayo?

2 Likes

Yes:

4 Likes

Feed froze mid ball, then the “this feed has been lost” slide came up and they switched to the Hindi feed. Presumably they, as described, lost the feed and switched so that they could at least show some cricket. Went back at the end of the over during what would be an ad-break.

2 Likes

Yes it’s happened a couple of times… was only ever on for about 10 seconds.

1 Like

Interesting…

I assume that the feed is sent over the internet?

Kerry O’Keefe replaced Brett Lee for day 2, while Allan Border has replaced him for day 3.

2 Likes