Fox Cricket

Michael Clarke is set to be dumped from the commentary team for the upcoming India-Australia test series, after his street fight with girlfriend Jade Yarbrough over cheating allegations in Noosa was revealed.
The test series will be shown live on Fox Cricket.

1 Like

Looks like this has been fixed.

So maybe Fox gets a different version of graphics to the 7/World feed

7 Feed

World Feed (BT sport)

Fox Feed

2 Likes

New mic:

3 Likes

Looks like Fox is calling tonight’s match at the MCG from the studio? It looks like their Melbourne studio but I could be wrong

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

why call from their Melbourne studio when they can just go to the MCG? they are in Melbourne already and it’s not the MCG only has 1 broadcast booth

3 Likes

7 are the Host broadcaster so one would assume they’d get priority of being at the venue, Fox were at Marvel last night I think.

1 Like

there is more than one area to broadcast from. they have done it before

1 Like

Yeah they have both broadcasted the Boxing Day test together AND it’s the MCG not north Sydney or Coffs Harbour. Don’t see why they were calling from the Melbourne studio instead of actually going to the ground

2 Likes
2 Likes

Fox calling the Perth final from studio.

7 are at the ground but they are the Host broadcaster so they basically have to be there

1 Like

Are they using the same commentary team as last night? There’s only so much Howie one person can handle.

1 Like
7 Likes

Embarrassing.

What happens if their feed cuts out? I’m sure it’s happened before.

11 Dec 21 - power failure at the Gabba during the Test.

Ch7 had to go to alternate programming as the commentators were calling off monitors in Melbourne. That was until they got a few cameras operating and the broadcast resumed.

Radio stations stayed on air as they had callers at the ground. Would have been odd, but a static splash screen with the commentators ‘phoning it in’ would have been better than absolutely nothing.

Happened with Ch9 in Tasmania. They had vision but the audio crapped itself. So the commentators were calling the the match via telephone for a short while.

But that can only happen if commentators are at the ground.

Are there any recordings of any of these?

1 Like

I think so. I remember this happening, Fox had several commentators at the Gabba, but also had a team back in Sydney presenting/calling from the studio. When the feed dropped they were lucky enough to have the team at the ground step in and call the match, if they weren’t there it would’ve been a nightmare.

Not sure.

Lots of info regarding the 2021 power outage via Google.

1 Like

All coverage was off at the Gabba because the power went out, and there was no camera feed.

I guess they’d cut to ads/studio until it returned. If their feed has gone, 7’s transmission would potentially have as well.