Fox Cricket

Fox studio or at the ground for 2nd game?

With Sydney based Ginnane/Lee/Haddin. Absolutely no excuses if they’re not.

1 Like

Courtney the duck got a workout tonight despite it being a Seven produced game.

1 Like

Looks like they were calling from studio based on the post show being on set & not on ground

5 Likes

Worst part is the Melbourne game was called from the Fox Footy studios, and the Sydney game called from the Sydney studios…

1 Like

Ian Smith has been a great addition to the team this summer.

5 Likes

It’s so cheap not calling from the ground. I listened to Ray Hadley on the Hello sport podcast and he said fox call nearly every game from the studio now and every commentator prefers it

5 Likes

Well it would be easier. Sleep in your own bed, no flights, in and out much later/earlier.

Problem is it really does deteriorate from the quality of the broadcast. It may be cheap and comfortable but doesn’t make it better.

2 Likes

No it doesn’t, I personally hate it when they do but it’ll be happening more and more sadly

1 Like

Last nights game was also called from the studio instead of Marvel?

1 Like

Yes it was, I don’t think they try to even hide it anymore.

1 Like

Was it called from Sydney or Fox Footy?

Yeah I don’t think they care anymore. What can the viewers do? They have no real choice nor say in the matter sadly.

Fox from studio today as well

2 Likes

They prefer to call off a tv screen rather than be at the game? I find that hard to believe.

I get that they may not want to travel interstate, but if it’s a choice between stadium or studio within their home city, I think the stadium wins.

1 Like

Better access to replays and various camera angles in the studio. Personally I prefer the ground but they don’t care about the atmosphere and quality anymore

1 Like

To the surprise of no one, Fox is calling from the Melbourne Studio again tonight. Sarah Jones hosting with Brendon Jullian, Isa Guha & Brad Haddin in commentary.

4 Likes

New 3-part documentary Allan Border: My Story premieres on Fox Cricket next Tuesday (December 27) at 6.10pm AEDT, right after close of play of the second test between Australia and South Africa at the MCG. Part 2 is on Wednesday also at 6.10pm AEDT, but part 3 is yet to be scheduled.

This three-part documentary series provides an in-depth look at the career of the legendary Allan Border, whose Captaincy changed Australian cricket forever.

3 Likes

Is Allan Border still a Fox Cricket commentator?

1 Like