Fox Cricket

Fox have turned up looking like they’ve been at a work conference and are a bit thirsty ready for some networking.

1 Like

Guessing they may do this for the local Sri Lankan broadcaster as the toss is meant to non-exclusive (like how Seven joins during simulcasts)

1 Like

Yes but the first cap isn’t from the toss, it’s from the general pre-show. Howie even mentions Fox Cricket during it.

We’ve been saying it for a while I know, but Howie, we can see what’s happening, we don’t need you to talk us through each ball. It’s not radio. Experts can, that’s their job, but the PbP doesn’t need to radio it. We can read the numbers and names on the screen.

1 Like

Ah so it is. Maybe fed to the SL broadcaster as a clean interview?

1 Like

Didn’t 9 use their branded microphones when they did the cricket? So it wouldn’t matter if this was going international

My suspicion is Cricket Australia have tidied things up a bit around branding - especially with two rights holders in the one country.

Channel 9 was a law unto themselves.

5 Likes

Yes, the PbP has crept into Howard’s commentary again. Might be because he’s been doing a lot of radio commentary this summer.

Would have been nice to have a commentary team of Russell Arnold (the lead commentator) with Mark Waugh and Shane Warne. Not sure why Russell was sitting in the stands.

2 Likes

Can’t have been a COVID thing as he was with them during the match’s breaks.

Sydney’s own Russel Arnold :wink:

1 Like

It just sounds like they are bored tonight. They are just going through the motions.

On Friday they were talking about Warne doing accounting at Tafe and airlines in the West Indies. I think they were bored then too.

1 Like

This innings change content is dreary

3 Likes

This is what happens when you tell the viewing public the only thing that matters this summer is the Ashes - hyped up beyond belief and anything else feels second rate in comparison production wise and content wise.

Not helped by the long break between BBL and international cricket either, feels like the season has gone cold a bit.

4 Likes

The Fox coverage has been going through the motions since the advent of covid, it’s been dreary and unimaginative. It’s increasingly become unwatchable this season. Really hope CA are able to see the wood for the trees and cast them out from the next deal.

3 Likes

This whole T20 series is going to be a flop - the coverage about the NZ series not going ahead gave the impression that the international summer was done.

7 Likes

I would honestly rather they just show the game without commentary rather than send out this boring drivel.

2 Likes

AUSTRALIA ARE 1/3 AND THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT OUT OF DATE CHICKEN AT IGA AND FISH FILLETS AT THE BARWON HEADS FISH AND CHIP SHOP DOWN THE PIER!!!

I must be the only one here who has really enjoyed Fox’s coverage this summer.

1 Like